Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to shoot my new GG using Hornady's LE 325grn ammo. I was shooting off the iron sights before I mount my Leupold 4x Compact scope. the gun shot great and was flawless but I sure appreciated the Sims recoil pad I installed. this ammo seemed on the warm side and hit with authority.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That is good ammo. Shoots sub-MOA out of my GG, and drops deer DRT with complete pass through performance.

Luis

·
Registered
673 Posts
The LE ammo shoots very good in my XLR and also in my Handy Rifle. The recoil is unpleasant in the Handy Rifle. It is OK in the XLR. However, it destroys too much meat in my opinion. If I was going shoot longer shots, i.e. 175-200 yards or so it is great because it is relatively flat shooting. Usually, though, if I have the 45-70 in my hands I am in a thicket somewhere.

The LE really shines in the 35 Remington.

Reactions: Grunt69

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
The LE is certainly quality ammo, but the 45-70 comes into it's own with large faced cast loads. So very many options....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see many knock the new RM guns but I had an old Marlin GG but I really like this GBL much better. it has all the features I wanted on my old GG plus a laminated stock. fit and finish are just as good if not better than my old Marlin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts