Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow - I usually get out a month or more before this, but today is the first day I hopped on the Suzuki and went anywhere. We're celebrating 10 years together by the way. The little 650 has been a wonderful all-around bike and I'm delighted that we're still together. My skills are rusty after the winter lay-off, but I felt real good on the bike. Everything was familiar. The power, handling & brakes all were good. Tooled around down in the valley a bit, then headed up to Mission Ridge, thousands of feet higher. It's a NICE ride up there, twisty road with some straights and pretty good pavement.

Yes, sure felt good to be on the bike again.

Guy

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got out again for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. Put about a hundred miles on the bike. Enjoyed the heck out of our little ride. Mostly on pavement, but got out on a dirt road for a bit. Windy up where I parked the bike for this photo! Was on a ridge top and my goodness the wind was blowing! Photos are looking north, towards Slide Ridge. Lake Chelan is over on the other side. I'm going to give it a few more weeks for the snow to melt off the north-facing slopes and take a ride up to Lake Chelan on the back roads. :)

Of course I could just hop on Hwy 97 and ride there on pavement. But, I really want to ride the old dirt road network again.

Guy

·
Registered
28,726 Posts
Nice! I only wish I had that type of scenery! Once I get my complete feeling driving my Marauder, probable will sell and get some newer! Fuel injected!

Thanks for the pictures!

ca'jun56

1 - 9 of 9 Posts