Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the rifle on Thursday and have needed reloading supplies arriving on Monday. But, like a kid in a candy store, I couldn't wait and picked up a box of Fiochhi .38 Special LRN today. Hearing that possible feeding problems can be avoided by using .357 Mag cases (even when loading .38 Special-level loads), that's what I planned to do. However, the rifle ate the Fiocchi's without a hiccup! The target was at 25 yards (behind my house); that's not a 4-shot group - it's 5. After I get some loads made up next weekI'll go the range and do a serious sight-in.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Congrats! What is your opinion of the fit and finish? I have not had any problems feeding .38's in either of my 1894's. I routinely shoot both .38's and .357's in them.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I’m so happy folks who couldn’t get ahold of a JM 1894C are getting to experience the fun of this gun size/caliber combination. Most fun gun to shoot I own!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Nice to see the 1894C in production, and glad to hear they are doing a good job with them. I have an 1894 44 mag 2015, I'd say they did it right. I did do a little buffing on the stock, it gave it a medium shine that looks nice. Boy, do i need an 1894C to go with my 44 mag rifle..... a new problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.