Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from the range
32 degrees, + 5 - 10 mph winds
The wind wasn't blowing when I left the house. This is my latest #4. Wanted to see if it's going to put two holes on the same peace of paper. Didn't make any sight adjustments, to cold to mess around. Tryed to shoot with a pair of thin gloves, then I tryed one glove, then no gloves. Had 4 ppu 174 gr rounds ,that I used the gloves couldn't hang on to the rifle. Had 1/2 a box of Remington 180 gr
Rn put 5 of them in group. The target was only 45 yrd .
I have signed up for a virtual target shoot on another site, have all year to submit my target, so over the summer I will shoot all my Enfield's, pick the best one, to shoot the NRA sr1 target 200 hundred yrd target reduced for 100 yards. They have 3 diff categories. It should be fun.
20210113_143219.jpg
20210113_140215.jpg

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Haven't shot an Enfield since I got out of boot camp, it was the only rifle my dad had ammo for when I got home from Parris Island. Don't know if it was that Marine Corps marksmanship training or natural ability but I shot a doe at about 80 yds through the head. That was 38 years ago.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Haven't shot an Enfield since I got out of boot camp, it was the only rifle my dad had ammo for when I got home from Parris Island. Don't know if it was that Marine Corps marksmanship training or natural ability but I shot a doe at about 80 yds through the head. That was 38 years ago.
Probably the OoRah, Marine.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Just came back from the range
32 degrees, + 5 - 10 mph winds
The wind wasn't blowing when I left the house. This is my latest #4. Wanted to see if it's going to put two holes on the same peace of paper. Didn't make any sight adjustments, to cold to mess around. Tryed to shoot with a pair of thin gloves, then I tryed one glove, then no gloves. Had 4 ppu 174 gr rounds ,that I used the gloves couldn't hang on to the rifle. Had 1/2 a box of Remington 180 gr
Rn put 5 of them in group. The target was only 45 yrd .
I have signed up for a virtual target shoot on another site, have all year to submit my target, so over the summer I will shoot all my Enfield's, pick the best one, to shoot the NRA sr1 target 200 hundred yrd target reduced for 100 yards. They have 3 diff categories. It should be fun. View attachment 834793 View attachment 834792
Might change my handle to "No primers either" Just a heads up.

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Didn't I donate some used parts to that rifle, or was it a different one? Good shootin' there np.

·
Registered
920 Posts
32 degrees! You are a better man than I am!

Reactions: no primers

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iam headed back to the range today.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iam headed back to the range today.
Got work to do, have to put a taller front site on my maltby she's high at 100 yds.
And have to load a milder round for my parker Hale the ppu ammo is hot . In that carbine.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe get back to the range tomarrow. Made a taller front site , to try, and iam bring another Enfield to test. Temperature supposed to hit 37.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts