Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a new Remlin 1895 GBL on line (my 1894 .357 needed company), taking a chance it would be ok. Beautiful gun, no apparent fit and finish issues. Action seems fine; loaded, cycled, and fired several rounds today with nary a hitch.

What a kick! The only thing I've fired that comes close to this kind of recoil is my 7mm Rem Mag. I'll have to consider some additional recoil control measures. But what fun!

After a reasonable group of Remington 300 grain rounds, I adjusted the elevation via the rear semi buckhorn, but was unable to adjust for the gun's tendency to place rounds an inch and a half left of POA (at just 25 yards so far).

What's the best way to do this with no easy windage adjustment?

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Welcome aboard Mate. Both front and rear sights are dovetailed and can be drifted either direction.
Use a brass drift or similar and carefully move the rear sight in the direction you want the POI to move.

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
beatledog said:
Recently purchased a new Remlin 1985 GBL on line (my 1984 .357 needed company), taking a chance it would be ok. Beautiful gun, no apparent fit and finish issues. Action seems fine; loaded, cycled, and fired several rounds today with nary a hitch.

What a kick! The only thing I've fired that comes close to this kind of recoil is my 7mm Rem Mag. I'll have to consider some additional recoil control measures. But what fun!

After a reasonable group of Remington 300 grain rounds, I adjusted the elevation via the rear semi buckhorn, but was unable to adjust for the gun's tendency to place rounds an inch and a half left of POA (at just 25 yards so far).

What's the best way to do this with no easy windage adjustment?
Drift the rear sight to the left...or the front sight to the right (be careful, don't bend or break it)....either way, it won't take much, just a little.

I had to do the same thing to my newest 1895, actually I moved both sights...so neither ended up far off center. (mine has a Skinner peep on the rear)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, thanks for the quick and useful replies! I'm glad I bought this gun, and its little brother .357. And I'm glad I found MO! I'll figure out how to post pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Re-read my post please (I edited it)...I had a brain spasm, and got the adjustments backwards. (I blame Miller Lite ;))

I've been sighting in guns for nearly 30 years, and I still get them mixed up :-\, whats up with that?

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Welcome to MO's............but....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ridgerunner665 said:
Re-read my post please (I edited it)...I had a brain spasm, and got the adjustments backwards. (I blame Miller Lite ;))

I've been sighting in guns for nearly 30 years, and I still get them mixed up :-\, whats up with that?
Miller lite? And I used to respect your opinion.....LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to MO, all the way from Nova Scotia!

I also just purchased a new GBL and had no problems and love it. Like they already said we would like to see some pics! Here's the link that helped me.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,740.0.html

and if any of yah try bear hunting in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia make sure you pick up a case Moosehead premium dry, that will really get yah going! haha

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Yep, that's one way to do it Doug.
Nice gun.

Mark.

·
Registered
20,286 Posts
Very nice and welcome to the forum!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts