Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i officially own my first Marlin rifle a 1895gs JM made in 2002,,,,i think its about time i make a post.In Ohio you can now use straight walled cartridges for deer gun season so i started doing my research on these cartridges which lead me to this forum and the 45-70.I then found out about the Remington buyout and the problems soonafter,,,i decided if i was going to buy a lever gun i wanted a original JM 1895.I started looking on gun broker and armslist and started talking to a few people,,,,ended up strikeing up a deal on a gun on armslist and a few days later i was picking up my 1895gs at my local dealer.<br><br><br>

I just picked up a box of 300 grn Federal Fusion which i will use for deer and will be heading to the range as soon i get it scoped.I decided to get a Leupold FX 2.5 Ultralight with Leupold QD bases and rings,,,,as soon as they come in i'll take a few more pics.

·
Super Moderator
17,221 Posts
Well Done! Welcome To The "Shoulder Mounted Light Artillery".

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Welcome to M/O. Wow that is nice!

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Very Nice. You got yourself a dandy...

May I suggest to you to get a Pachmayer Decelerator recoil pad, and ditch that hard rubber tire. It will make it a nicer shootin rifle, IMO....

Enjoy :tee:
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
That's a good looker, bet it will shoot just as good as it looks, Congrats!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Welcome from Alaska to all things Marlin. Handy power tool pics. Nice.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome. Sweet rifle. I love my GS. Only wish IL would follow suit with Ohio and Ind and allow rifles. I thought when they allowed handguns they would would soon allow rifles. No such luck as of yet:(
Good luck with your new deer slayer.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Welcome From texas signs - yahoo Image Search Results.jpg You are of to a FINE start my Friend.... your new JM rifle look's like a twin to mine :tee:

Magnum

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice rifle!! Look forward to hearing a range report!!

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Fine choice of weaponry.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome Kdog,

Nice looking rifle and an excellent choice for your scope. +1 on the decelerator pad. I have the identical rifle and it took all of 6 rounds for me to make that decision. The fun factor goes up exponentially once that is done.

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Very Nice. You got yourself a dandy...

May I suggest to you to get a Pachmayer Decelerator recoil pad, and ditch that hard rubber tire. It will make it a nicer shootin rifle, IMO....

Enjoy :tee:
BloodGroove4570
Hello Ray, hope you're doing well. You mean this one?:
Pachmayr.jpg
Cheers

·
Registered
473 Posts
I like it but I may be partial to em.... I'll also agree that changing the hard rubber for a better pad was a first move for me. I went with the XS Lever rail and a scout scope on mine, same set up as the SBL used. Love it!

Enjoy the Cannon

Ken

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the comments guys,,,,,any thoughts on the slip over leather recoil covers??? I have a few Cabelas pts saved up and found one on there website called kick killer,,,thinking about keeping the original on it and just adding this...In the mean time i have a limbsaver slip on i took off the kids shotgun to use at the range.Also i found a leather sling i wasnt useing it threw that on it,,,,looks a little better with the leather,if it stops raining ill take it outside and get a pic with the leather sling.

·
Premium Member
17,013 Posts
Hey K,

Welcome to MO.

Way to go, pics of a fine 1895 on first post!

Later, Mark

1 - 20 of 30 Posts