Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I got the bug some time ago. Thought you guys were crazy or at least afflicted, but now I have IT.

I added another Marlin and another caliber to my lever family. Here is my 1976 35 Rem. It is in excellent condition with nothing added or removed through the years. The only change I plan is a peep sight. Probably will steal the Lyman 66 off of my 30-30 or order a Skinner Old Reliable. It was a private owner sale in the Lubbock, TX Gun Show a few weeks back. Yes I've already shot it, ordered dies, and am looking for a good source of cast lead for it. All suggestions appreciated.

I think the 35 Rem is a great rifle. Even though it is not a popular West Texas caliber, I hope to make it a very unpopular caliber with the West Texas Pig Community.......soon.

View attachment 99668 View attachment 99669 View attachment 99670 View attachment 99671

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Fine looking 35 you have there.

Welcome to Marlinitis!

B

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Looks great Enjoy

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Congratulations! You're gonnna love it, I'm sure. I have a 76 also that I have stripped and refinished the furniture' it sports a Redfied 2X7 and has replaced my .308 bolt action as my favorite.

·
Registered
11,857 Posts
That's a great looking 35 and nice lines in the wood work. What brand of dies did you order and If your loading cast did you do with a different seating die other that the one in the set?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Great pick up! Love the 35's

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
it is a highly contagious affliction

just when you say, that's it, no more, another catches your eye

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered RCBS dies and a Lee Factory Crimp Die. As for the bullet seating plug, I am just in the habit of chucking it up in a drill, putting the drill in a vise, and using the edge of a hardened tool like a file to reshape the plug to fit my bullet.
I also like the fact that it is unmolested. I plan to use the leather stock cover template I have to make a stock cover with a tab to fit to a leather sling and just use a loop in the sling over the barrel for the front attachment, no sling swivels.

Reactions: dhansen

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
Hey Billy Jack,

Sweet looking .35!

No .35 thread is complete, without Bacon!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Gordy

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mark, This is a full moon weekend and bacon is on the "to do list".

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Wow. That's beautiful. Congratulations!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Very nice, congrats on a great fine. I would love to have a 336RS in 35. Had a few SC's this past week I looked at but no deals to be had. Who knew Pawn shops had such pride in ownership...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Billy Jack, you did well. That's a gorgeous rifle and it will serve you for a lifetime. I love the wood and I'm kinda partial to the 35 caliber anyhow!

Ron

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Nice rifle, congrats! Gotta' love those .35 rems... :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts