Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first Marlin a few weeks ago. Picked up a new XS7 243 off Gunbroker. I didn't care for the one piece base that came with it so I replaced it with 2 piece Leupold Dual Dovetail bases and rings. I like the clean look with the DD setup, no knobs or levers sticking out. Topped it with a Nikon Prostaff 5 2.5X10. The only ammo I had was Prvi Partisan 90 grain spire points. Cheap ammo but it seemed to run just fine in my rifle. Put 35 rounds through this afternoon with the very last group going in at 3/4" MOA. Most of them were in the 1 3/4" range off my cheap rest but the last group was off my buddies bags. Bags are much better! The plastic stock has to go. I came home and ordered a Boyds Circassian Walnut Classic. Ive had the Boyds laminates before, this is my first ever really nice walnut stock. Probably got a few weeks to decide about bedding and such but I think I will end up trying it just bolted up plain to start with.
I think I am really gonna like this cheap rifle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations!!!

I have an XS7 in 308 and will be putting a Boyd's Walnut Prairie Hunter on it in the future as it has a youth composite stock on it now. I've only put 2 rounds through it as I have scope rail issues with my but that is fixable. I really like my XL7 and it sounds like you really like yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.