Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught Marlinitis after handling a beat-up, ugly 39a in the LGS last December. I had never had a lever gun before and that one sparked a flame. A week later I found a 1971 39a for sale at a good price and bought it without hesitation. In an excited text to a buddy, somehow the auto correct called the rifle Loraine. Three weeks ago, I found a nice 1979 336 in 35rem and could not resist purchasing it. Last week a 1980 336 in 30/30 found its way to layaway.

Anyway, I’ve got a list made of other models that I’m keeping an eye out for. Gotta let the wallet rest for a while.

Meet Loraine and a couple of her friends:

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
Very nice rifle! And dinner on the table. Can't beat that combination. Sounds like you're getting quite a collection. Once the lever bug bites, the only cure is to obtain more. Welcome to the club!

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Boy, that Loraine is a hotty. Pull 'er close and hold 'er tight, there's meanness lurkin' here. :knuddel:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
She’s a beauty.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Sweet rifle. Welcome to MO from the Ouachita mountains of Arkansas.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Wow....Loraine is gorgeous. Welcome to the club.

redhawk

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
That is one sexy 39! I've been looking at a few of them but can't find one in any sort of very good condition without selling out $800+

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice rifle! Do you have any areas close to Wichita that you can hunt?
There are a few public wildlife areas within an hour and a half from Wichita. I don’t really see many small game hunters on them. Lots of deer and turkey hunters though.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, so much to learn on this site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Judson - I really like small game hunting too. Been doing a bunch of Dutch Oven cooking lately. Made squirrel & dumplings with the pair in that photo. Wanna try making some Brunswick stew if I can get any more tree chickens this year.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Quite the catch there, avirtual “triple threat” - a real nice looker who’s a real straight shooter - That’s a real keeper in my book! :top:

·
Premium Member
10,490 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Yepper,she is pretty, I hate to tell you this but Marlinits is fatal. At least to your bank account.

·
Registered
29,046 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.

Had a buddy from your area, he is gone now.

ca'jun56

1 - 20 of 23 Posts