Marlin Firearms Forum banner

First Grace gun tools group buy for Marlinowners

9K views 114 replies 44 participants last post by  gonzo 
#1 ·
I emailed Grace tools about a group buy and got an excellant response.

Dear Gonzo
'Thank you for your interest in our product, namely our tools for the Marlin gun group. Yes, I would be glad to offer group discounts on our products. I'd be happy to put together a set of tools that would incude certain brass or steel punches and a brass hammer that would work specific to the Marlins. So I guess that I'm asking for some help if you have time to assist me with this.
I hope to hear from you soon as I truly enjoy new projects.
Best regards,
Dan Morrison, President
Grace USA''

Grace tools are USA made and top quality. http://graceusaguntools.com/screwdrivers.htm#sd7
Please post your suggestions, Thanks.

#2 ·
Re: Grace gun tools group buy for Marlinowners

I just got the Grace screwdrivers for Christmas, and I really like them. I would be interested in some other Marlin specific tools. Let's see what the group thinks.

#5 ·

I think this is a GREAT idea! However as a professional automobile technician and someone who has never heard of this company I do have to ask, What kind of Quality is in these tools? I have been used to using Snap-on and Matco tools for years. I'm sure they aren't quite made to this quality but are they strong and made with care? I don't mean to sound picky here, I just don't want any CHEAP tools. If these tools are made as good as they look they would definitely be something I would be interested in.

#6 ·

I'll take a set of:
1. brass punches with the face sightly concaved inward.
2. a set of 3 brass hammers.
3. a set of hollow ground screwdrivers that actually fit marlin screws.
4. another set of punches with flat faces so I don't mess up the concaved.

Let me know when and where to send the money.

#7 ·

I have owned a full set of their screwdrivers for some time now and have been very pleased with them. I would love a brass punch set and a brass roll pin punch set. Possibly a brass hammer as well.

#8 ·

Thanks gonzo. I'm the one who originally asked about a good quality screwdriver set, and Halwg immediately recommended Grace. Not sure how to proceed with a group buy if everyone wants different stuff ... e.g. I already have brass/steel punches. If we're talking about a group buy (or special price) for MO on the 336 screwdriver set, I'm in!

#9 ·

Grace already makes a Marlin specific screwdriver set. http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,51183.0.html
What Mr. Morrison needs to know is what punches and hammers the Marlinowners would be interested in buying in addition to the drivers. For example the 1/16'' punch is needed for lever plunger pins.

#10 ·

Got it ... sometimes I'm dense ::)

#11 ·

gonzo said:
Grace already makes a Marlin specific screwdriver set. http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,51183.0.html
What Mr. Morrison needs to know is what punches and hammers the Marlinowners would be interested in buying in addition to the drivers. For example the 1/16'' punch is needed for lever plunger pins.
While tools specific to Marlin's are all fine and dandy, I like tools that aren't uni-taskers (blame Alton Brown, not me). ;D ;D ;D

Depending on money, not only cost but how much I have to spend, I'm interested (at a minimum) is their brass roll pin punch set (BRP-8) and a brass hammer (any 1 of BH-4, BH-8, & BH-16). At a maximum I would add their brass punch set (PS-8) and the remaining 2 brass hammers.

#12 ·

No dense-ness implied ;), Maybe a M.O. discount on a specific Marlin set would be good for some members AND a discount on the big master set would be good for other members.

#14 ·

I'm interested in a set of screw drivers. I already have the punches and brass hammers and some other tools that are good for a Marlin.

I do have a set of Winchester screw drivers that are hollow ground and some work well but the quality is not so good. I had to file one a bit to get it to fit right, it was still to wide fort the slot. They will work for a few times but I don't expect them to last for any more than 1 or 2 years. I broke one of the tips off the first time on the tang screw. The second one was close to snapping off but it did get it loosened.

A top quality set of drivers are worth the extra you pay for them, now I know where to find them. Thanks gonzo.

#15 ·

I'd like to see how much the full set would cost !

#17 ·

I've already got a brass hammer & punch thing covered, but a Marlin-specific set of hollow-ground screwdrivers would be sweet. I have half a dozen screwdrivers sets, scattered all over the house, one or two more wouldn't hurt!

#22 ·

well, not so much for me way down under, but you folks have got a pretty big bargaining chip here if you all get together, on lots of things.

Think its a great idea see you all doing this.
;)

#23 ·

I think this is a great idea, and definitely has my interest. After checking the website, can't find prices except $10 for a custom screwdriver. I think a pricepoint for a set is critical for many of us? say $79 or $99 shipped, for instance, for a basic set? They could also put together and offer a DELUXE set as well, at an obviously higher level?
P.S. Fordster - foreign money can always be exchanged for the weak dollar... we let you participate too!!! :)

#25 ·

The current price for the Marlin screwdriver set with case is $35 inc. shipping. Interest is obviously good.
I'll email Mr. Morrison after the weekend about pricing. I'll also send him a link to see if he would be interested in being an industry partner.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.