Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20140419_180830.jpg

Pickup my puppy today, Nova Scotia Duck Toller.
Planning to do some duck hunting.
he got sick twice in truck on way home and peed on floor when we got home.
lays at my feet and follows me when I get up.
I'm going to love this dog. good natured dog.

·
Banned
457 Posts
so cool what is his name going to be?

or should we hold a contest to name him?

·
Registered
395 Posts
That is one cute dog.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
He's a handsome little devil , reminds me of a Chesapeake Bay Retriever I bought 25 years ago, he grew to be my best friend and hunting partner, named him Max. He died of cancer about 15 years ago and I still miss him. That face on your puppy says he'll be a good one to.

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
Good looking puppy. That is good that he is already attached to you. He will be your buddy for sure. Make sure and use high quality puppy food once you start on one brand and flavor stay with it if you can as it can upset their stomachs to switch even from say chicken to beef of the same kind.

·
Banned
457 Posts
Max, cool name

congrats

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's a handsome little devil , reminds me of a Chesapeake Bay Retriever I bought 25 years ago, he grew to be my best friend and hunting partner, named him Max. He died of cancer about 15 years ago and I still miss him. That face on your puppy says he'll be a good one to.
Named mine Max too. good name.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just read a article on duck tollers. Have you ever used or seen them in action hunting? Good luck with you new buddy. I lost my lab a year ago, daughter is off at college, thought we would not have a dog for awhile. We only made it two weeks. Pound special lab mix, smartest dog I have ever trained. Named him after a river, he swims like a rock but getting better! Matt

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
My wife wants to know how you got her dog...and to tell you she'd like it returned ASAP ;-)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just read a article on duck tollers. Have you ever used or seen them in action hunting? Good luck with you new buddy. I lost my lab a year ago, daughter is off at college, thought we would not have a dog for awhile. We only made it two weeks. Pound special lab mix, smartest dog I have ever trained. Named him after a river, he swims like a rock but getting better! Matt
Have not seen one work, but have read alot and heard good things

·
Registered
514 Posts
is he left or right footed, on nat geo wild cable tv they had a show on the science of dogs and they said if the first leg he steps with is his right leg he will be easier to train, they said they look for that with seeing eye dogs. i am not sure if it is true but my brittany is right footed and he was easy to train

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is he left or right footed, on nat geo wild cable tv they had a show on the science of dogs and they said if the first leg he steps with is his right leg he will be easier to train, they said they look for that with seeing eye dogs. i am not sure if it is true but my brittany is right footed and he was easy to train
watched him and he generally starts left.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Nice lookin pup congrats on him he is a cute little feller!!!

Reactions: Hunter2506

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
29 years is way too long to be without a dog. It's about time!

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Nice looking Pup Hunter. You'll have fun with him!

·
Registered
395 Posts
great looking dog
only bad part about owning a dog is they have too short a life
I lost mine not to long ago, and still miss him
best of luck and many many many yrs of great times with him!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
nice lookin' huntin' partner you got there

1 - 20 of 22 Posts