Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally,

My personal "Assault Levergun" is completed, and was test fired Saturday. The barrel and flash prongs were gives the bite the rifle deserves. This barrel is one piece-there is no threading (though that is available on request) and is NOT considered a "short barrel rifle" at just over 16.5 inches intact.

The only thing left is to mount the side rails for light testing, muzzle velocity, and accuracy-and of course night fire! ;D

Well, you've been patient long enough! I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking for now:

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
I really actualy like it, then again I am all things Marlin. Good luck with your new venture.

·
Registered
297 Posts
What kind of machine do you use to cut the flash fingers in the barrel? Is that a brown laminate stock, as it appears in pics, if so I like it better than than gray laminate. Good job! Nice looking rifle!

riflerick

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
It's nice looking.....not sure what my thoughts are on the flash prongs though....

Other than the flash prongs I don't see much difference between that and my 1895GS that I modified myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting approach with the flash prongs. Please keep us posted how well they work (pics?????)

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Halwg said:
I know enough to keep my comments to myself on this one.
;D Best comment yet! Not everyone's cup of tea to be sure. The day I picked it up, a gentleman having a scope mounted on his boltgun was eyeing it like it might jump up and bite him! When I asked, in a rather matter of fact tone, if he would ever consider buying one-he flatly stated "NOPE!" ;)

As far as the prongs, it was meant to stand out in the crowd, be a crowd pleaser, and relatively effective in an LEO arena. FWIW, I have only seen one member with a levergun flash hider attached (here and on AR15.com) and it looked amazing to me. I prefer the seamless barrel flow without the threaded transition, and sought out to make my dream a reality. It just took some work.

Conventional wisdom states a stiffer barrel is generally more accurate, and the prongs may help accuracy, appear potentially to help muzzle flash, and definitely protect the barrel crown.

(Also, I shoot rifle left handed, hence the reason the scope appears "upsidedown" which I later fixed when sighting).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well I will offer my opinion which is worth just what you pay for it ;D

I like it all but the flash hider

So I love 90% of it and that is just me others may love the flash hider

I would like to see this threaded for an AR-10 type flash hider that way you could put a suppressor on it if you wanted to.

Keep it up for the most part I love it

Kid

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just dropping in on this one.
I thought the flash supressor there were breach anchors at first :)

Needs more black for tacticool, maybe anchor some railing in the forearm for other accessories like flashlights and crap. Right now the rifle feels like its just dipping its toe into the tactical pond IMO.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thank for the kind words and questions-

Yes, I have shot it, and others have too-and it is sweet ;D I had a few guys who were at the range try it out, and they were impressed.
MV/ME report here:
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,89813.0.html

And yes, I want one/two rails installed on the gun, as well as potentially some trijicon night sights.

My purpose is to have a combination and style of the M1 Garand (one of the finest looking war rifles ever produced IMHO), and the M-16/4, in a lever gun body (leaning toward the Garand). Sort of a retro-modern look that is still effective in the field, and for a reasonable price. As far as more black. it can be had in almost any color, my personal favorites are black and green. Right now she is factory blue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
:eek: I absolutey love it. Stunning. Who would'a thunk' it? You may have just created a whole new market! :D

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you; I am still waiting for the 336 to come back, and get both of them out there, some decent photography, etc. It has been a chore since the smith I work with is short staffed.

·
Premium Member
6,287 Posts
Halwg said:
I know enough to keep my comments to myself on this one.
Me too.

T :eek: NY

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It's kinda cool, I'm sure we'll see it in the movies blasting aliens or zombies or maybe even dinosaurs soon. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Really like your iron sight set up, and I would think hard about buying one of those, maybe in .44 mag for the extra capacity.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts