Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mama, #2 son, and I are headed out this evening, soon as it cools off a bit. Looking for bear. Going to be tough - almost no berries showing so far this year. Since Washington is a no-baiting state, it's all spot and stalk. Pretty good population of bears not too far from town, but tough to find 'em without the berry bushes to lure them into more open areas. It'll be worth trying though.

Son is carrying the .30-06, I've got the .375 again, and Mama has the sandwiches. Should be a good evening, bear or no bear. Admittedly, I don't really expect to find one, but it will likely be a fine drive & walk in the hills this evening. If not tonight, maybe we'll find one sometime in the next few weeks.

Guy

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Good Luck!! And, that's why we still call it hunting, as you just never know. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys - no photos from last night's hunt. It was a good evening, but no bear.

Great hike in. Many wildflowers in bloom. Berry crop is poor. Found a couple of stumps a bear had been clawing apart, looking for bugs. No luck finding Yogi or Boo Boo. Glassed, glassed and glassed some more. Tried my dying rabbit call. No luck.

Still, it was a nice walk in the hills and a great evening with my son and my wife.

Guy

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
You need to have your wife do the pik-a-nik basket trick for Yogi--sure to draw him in ;D ;D ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts