Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying my first 1895 today from a guy on armslist. Serial number starts with 93 - manufactured in 2007 correct? It is a stainless 45/70 guide gun, going prices are in the $800 range right? He's asking $575 OBO, which seems strange but worth a look. He has responded to all my emails (yesterday and today) and I am waiting for a response on meeting location.

Anything I should ask/look out for before I drive a couple hours to meet him?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying my first 1895 today from a guy on armslist. Serial number starts with 93 - manufactured in 2007 correct? It is a stainless 45/70 guide gun, going prices are in the $800 range right? He's asking $575 OBO, which seems strange but worth a look. He has responded to all my emails (yesterday and today) and I am waiting for a response on meeting location.

Anything I should ask/look out for before I drive a couple hours to meet him?

Thanks,
Tom
Very good price for a stainless JM. Check cycling, metal, wood. If it feels right then go for it! If you don't, someone else will.

Paid $500 for my ported, blue JM a few months ago and felt like I got a deal. Stainless is worth the extra $$$ IMO.

Reactions: TomO

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Hey Tom,

That sounds like a good deal.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
232 Posts
Your doing the smart thing and that is doing the deal in person. I heard enough horror stories about armslist that the only way I would purchase anything from there is to do it face to face.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your doing the smart thing and that is doing the deal in person. I heard enough horror stories about armslist that the only way I would purchase anything from there is to do it face to face.
So far I have had really good luck with armslist. Bought a few and sold a few all ftf- all transactions went well and all have included a signed bill of sale. Only one time have I had to walk away from a deal and that was based on a poor description of a rifle in poor shape.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Let us know how the deal turns out. This type deal you get to lay hands on the gun first, then decide whether to buy or not. Good luck keep us in the loop, John.:)

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Hey TomO if it's as good as he claims it is than I think your getting a darn good deal. eh

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I guess if something is too good to be true...he responded to 3 emails and answered all my questions except for the last one when I told him I wanted to buy it and to call me to discuss meeting location. Oh well back to searching.

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts

Sound like one of those deals where you send him the money and never see the rifle or money again. You are lucky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts