Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 1895GBL. I noticed the firing pin was extremely hard to push forward, so I took gun apart for a good cleaning as it has not been fired yet. All looked good so I lubed and put it back together. Still had firing pin binding. Removed factory pin and installed a one piece pin and it does the same thing. opened action slightly and the pin is free floating and stays that way until the lever is almost completely latched then the pin binds again so tight it is barely movable. I put magic marker on firing pin in the section where the locking log raises the rear section of the factory pin, and a wear mark is in the black marker. Aparently the locking lug lifting section is lifting a tad too high and binding the pin. Anyone here had this problem? The only solutions I see are send it back to Remlin ( do not want to if not absolutely necessary ) , Turn down firing pin enough in this section to clear the binding on the lug, or take just a touch off the U shaped notch on top of the locking lug to clear the pin from binding. What say you guys that may have encountered this problem? Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks loner51

·
Registered
14,106 Posts
Don't take any off the firing pin. It might cause weakness you don't need. As long as your locking surface interface (bolt/locking block) is good, it won't hurt to Dremel a few thou out of the U shaped notch. Go slow. Can't be that much if the pin still moves, maybe .001"-.003".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rob42049 and 94win, This looks like the best way to go. Will have to go slow, if I mess the lug up it will have to go back to Remlin to have a new one fitted, Thanks again for the help. loner51

1 - 4 of 4 Posts