Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I've been here. In the interim, I've sold off one of my DSLRs (Nikon D5600) along with a few DX lenses as well as all my Nikon Coolpix bridge cameras. I hadn't planned on replacing the latter but I happened onto a May 2020 article (Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 • BEST Travel Camera (2020)) about the Panasonic DMC-FZ1000. I was intrigued by the fact that someone thought enough of its performance to give it a glowing review 6 years after it had been released. After some more research, I went looking for one and scored an Open Box deal. The camera arrived just before the 4th of July so I figured I'd use it to shoot the local fireworks show.

These images were captured at a distance of 2+ miles. They're JPGs from the camera that have been minimally tweaked for exposure. I shot them in manual mode with the camera hand held...f/4, 1.3 seconds, ISO 125, 400mm (35mm equiv.)

·
Registered
786 Posts
That's some nice stuff, there!

·
Super Moderator
26,207 Posts
Excellent photography, not sure it's your skills, the Panasonic camera, or both. LOL

How's your Alpha Romeo running? They're a great ride.

Jack

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Really nice shots, congrats.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent photography, not sure it's your skills, the Panasonic camera, or both. LOL

How's your Alpha Romeo running? They're a great ride.

Jack
I'll take the credit even if I don't deserve it. :)

The Alfa is running great. It's one of the most enjoyable vehicles I've ever owned...a real driver's car.

Reactions: JACKTW
1 - 7 of 7 Posts