Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not cooking but I need help. A guy I know just opened a legal, licensed distillery to make moonshine - unaged, unfiltered. He gave me a sample bottle today and I need to know what you guys mix with moonshine to be able to drink it. Diet Dr. Pepper apparently is not it, and I can't drink it straight. Another licensed distillery here already had a legal moonshine out - smell is off the scale on it and I plan to use it to thin paint for the Jeep. Never tried much moonshine, what do you guys mix it with? Will it get better aged even though it is not filtered?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Make a 'shine-a-Rita! Mix up like its tequila, worked in the past. Or if you can wait, dump a can of mandarin orange slices in it and let sit a month or two and mix with sprite.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Sipping Whiskey don't need a Chaser! If you cant handle it straight get you some Jolly Ranchers drop them in it for awhile(Whatever flavor jolly ranchers you choose)

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Good shine don't need no mixin' but chaser of your choice is optional

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Yeah that homemade cough syrup is good in the Winter time! If your Sick with a cold or fever take you a couple big swallows of that stuff and get in the bed cover up good and sweat it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Pereira

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
A good summertime shine recipe
2 bottles of diet Mountain Dew ( ya I know...odd but just do it)
1 jug country time powdered lemonade mix
1 quart shine
Pour it over ice don't mix ice in the jug. It waters down the shine after awhile. This will get your shine on (and the girls like it) :flute:

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
start out with small amounts.....it'll roll your socks down....my granpa used to make and sell it during the depression...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tried some of that shine 'bout 30 years ago. Made me think I could leap over a +-6' fence….. best I remember, I caught a boot tip going over…. and well… if I had it on video, It would get a zillion hits on YouTube :biggrin:

G Mac

1 - 20 of 52 Posts