Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
I have no experience with their centerfire rifle rounds but for the past 20 years, I've used a considerable amount of their brass for pistol reloads. Mostly .40 S&W, .357 mag and .45 ACP. The brass is decent quality, as good as any and better than Remington (but that's not saying a whole hell of a lot) 馃槃. The only criticism I can level is that the flash holes can tend to not be centered. Now is a non-concentric flash hole really an issue?...I haven't had any issues. The other thing I might mention is that in their pistol calibers, their loads tend to be a little hotter than their domestic counterparts. Not sure if that would also be true in their rifle ammunition.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no experience with there centerfire rifle rounds but for the past 20 years, I've used a considerable amount of their brass for pistol reloads. Mostly .40 S&W, .357 mag and .45 ACP. The brass is decent quality, as good as any better than Remington (but that's not saying a whole hell of a lot) 馃槃. The only criticism I can level is that the flash holes can tend to not be centered. Now is a non-concentric flash hole really an issue?...I haven't had any issues. The other thing I might mention is that in their pistol calibers, their loads tend to be a little hotter than their domestic counterparts. Not sure if that would also be true in their rifle ammunition.
Is the flash hole close enough that you can deprime it easily?

Premium Member
I have shot many thousands of Fiocchi pistol rounds. Have also reloaded them many times. I've only shot about 500 rounds of Fiocchi 223 ammo. I ran the first 50 rounds through my concentricity gauge. To say that I was impressed is an understatement. It measured under .003 for bullet runout of all 50. I knew it would shoot good but did not expect to shoot a 3/4 inch group at 300 yards using a 9 power scope. Best group I ever shot at 300 yards with that 223 and scope combo. I cannot say enough good things about their ammo.

Also, the flash holes are off center. I could really care less with the accuracy I have gotten, and yes they deprime easily.

Administrator
It is good ammo. Just as good as Win/Rem/Fed. That noted the flex tip ammo from Hornady is superior to anything else if you want to reach out farther.
Well, that depends whether ones rifle shoots them accurately or not. So far, my 30-30's and 32SPC hates Hornady lever ammo. Most all prefer Federal Blue box.

Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.