Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little guy I got done with last week. I like small fixed blades, and I added a bottle opener on the end. Here on the Tex Mex border we have access to alot of beverages that we can use these on. Whatcha think?

6 1/8" Over All
2.5" blade
scales are amber jigged bone
rc hardness is 59-60
steel is 154cm

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Panch0 thank you for posting pictures of your knife, you did a great job on it and the size is near perfect. I'm not sure I'm sold on the opener but if you're happy with it I'm glad for you my friend. The steel sounds like it's hard enough to hold an edge well, how does it sharpen for you? I like your sheath too, nice hand work. I've field dressed quite a few deer and elk with knives that have a similar blade shape to that one and it's a great choice. Beautiful work, I like the file work on the tang too! Have you made many of these?

Jesse

·
Banned
20,300 Posts
VERY nice!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I like it. you have a talent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MontanaMan said:
Panch0 thank you for posting pictures of your knife, you did a great job on it and the size is near perfect. I'm not sure I'm sold on the opener but if you're happy with it I'm glad for you my friend. The steel sounds like it's hard enough to hold an edge well, how does it sharpen for you? I like your sheath too, nice hand work. I've field dressed quite a few deer and elk with knives that have a similar blade shape to that one and it's a great choice. Beautiful work, I like the file work on the tang too! Have you made many of these?

Jesse
Thanks Jesse and everyone! I have made about 6 of these and one of the fellas is getting married and wants me to make him 7 of these for his groomsmen in june. So far everyone like them and have had no bad feedback. I also make them the same size with out the bottle opener. I have one in the works for my self with out the opener for this next hunting season. If you have diamond stone like the DMT brand it is easy to touch up the edge. I like small fixed blades alot. The horizontal sheath fit pretty good as well. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Very nice, love the file work also. 8)

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
That is a really nice knfe. Do you do your own leatherwork too?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts