Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally went out on monday late afternoon. My boys and I went out to plink with our .22's and my .35. The only factory ammo I came across was Fed. soft point 200gr. At 30 yards, I had 3 shots in one large hole and 2 in a seperate hole 1" to the left. I was shooting westerly so the differant holes probably were due to me not paying attention. I love that gun. I went to go pick up my dies at Hornady, but they were out. So I did get a box of Hor. 200gr.
I did find 2 bullets from the Federal 200gr, recovered from wet mud. They mushroomed to .69 and .71, and weighed 152 and 155 gr. Fun day at the farm!
Chad

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sounds like fun! I spend more time testing loads than anything, but every now and then I just like some good old shooting. Load up the truck with water-filled milk jugs and have a ball. Busting jugs off-hand at 100yds with peep sights is harder than it looks :? .

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Labrat,
Sounds like a fun day and a good rifle. I think it will be one of those guns that the more you shoot the more you like it. By hunting season you wouldnt trade it for any thing.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Glad you got out with it! Now you will find it harder and harder not to use it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts