Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to shoot my 35 Rem. Shot a few reloads, and really like the 35. My 1st experience with a 35. My hand loads were 42 grains of LVR and a 180 grain Speer flat point. Shot well. I believe if I get a chance will take it for a deer hunt. Only have a few large rifle primers but think I'll use them on the 35 and let the 30-30 set this season.

Attachments

·
Registered
1979 Marlin Model 336 35 Remington
51 Posts
Finally got to shoot my 35 Rem. Shot a few reloads, and really like the 35. My 1st experience with a 35. My hand loads were 42 grains of LVR and a 180 grain Speer flat point. Shot well. I believe if I get a chance will take it for a deer hunt. Only have a few large rifle primers but think I'll use them on the 35 and let the 30-30 set this season.
Don't mean to disparage the 30-30, used one for years. Killed several deer with it but the 35 Remington is a step up. You will enjoy.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
When you bring the old .35 Rem into the blind, the deer strut right out, lay down and surrender. To them it is such a high honor to be sent to glory with a 35 Rem that they’ll compete to give you the perfect shot.

Every time I’ve taken a 30-30 into the blind, no deer have shown up, seriously. I think they’re offended to being dispatched with anything less than the grand ol .35 Rem.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Great rifle to hunt with...my favorite is a 1979 336, which I shortened the mag tube to a button length.
It only holds 3 rounds, but with 4 in the gun...I am confident....in life I have never shot more than 3 rounds at any big game animal. And those times were all misses. There have been 2 occasions where's had to shoot twice...second shot to anchor.
I believe that getting rid of the front barrel band improves my accuracy...and I commonly shoot at a 200 yd target board. I use the rifle for black bear in spring WY hunts .
Love the 35 rem.....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have about 200 of those, but have yet to load any. Been playing with a bunch of cast bullets and pistol powder. Never did stock or develop any loads for LVR-always gravitated towards IMR 4064 for everything .30 and up. Now I wish I had as I'm down to about 8 lbs MAYBE of 4064 and that stuff just wont come in stock in enough quantity anywhere to make a purchase worthwhile.
I have read good things about h335 ,which i have a bit of so I think thats what I will try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts