Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally found a 989M2 (1973 manufactured) to go with my two 99M1's. Purchased it in a private sale. Original rear sight came with the rifle. Came with two 7 round blued mags. Rifle is in VG mechanical shape overall, stock is great looking with a nice figure to the wood with no crack, splits or dings. The bluing on the barrel is thin and a previous owner removed the finish from the receiver and trigger guard so I may Duracoat the metal matte black. It was super dirty so I spent 3 hours and did a complete strip down and inspection and it cleaned up nicely. Bolt buffer was in good shape. The rifle also came with a vintage Weaver K6 (El Paso) scope that is in good shape:). I will not use a scope on this rifle but I may have a place for it on another host.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Congratulations on the new piece. Hope you can post some pictures of your new pearl. I know you will enjoy.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Congrats on the 989M2! I am still lookin for one to join my 99M1s too. Looking forward the Pics!

·
Registered
854 Posts
pirate

Why did you wait so long ? Mine is also a mate to my 99M1.
Does yours have the twin peep mount screws on the left receiver side ?
It's since lost the skinny scope.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hey Jim, you might consider a privacy padlock on your photo albums unless you want to share them all.
Unless it's me, your rifle photo didn't come thru but the truck, camp out and hiking photos did.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Congrats on your "new marlin" I really like mine too....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey Jim, you might consider a privacy padlock on your photo albums unless you want to share them all.
Unless it's me, your rifle photo didn't come thru but the truck, camp out and hiking photos did.
Oops....fixed it thanks

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Nice rifle, happy shootin'.

·
Premium Member
12,154 Posts
Great looking rifle. You found a nice one. I have a 99 M1 but have not had a shot at the M2 yet. Not that I need it anyway but would buy it if I ran into it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I love my 989M2; it's actually turned out to be my favorite rifle. One of these days I want to get a 99M1 to go with it.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Nice find :congrats:. I prefer my 989 M2 to the 99M1. I sold my M1 a while back but kept the M2. I just liked the magazine loading instead of the tube.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Had a close friend that packed one of them for **** hunting for years. Yours is a primo example very nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts