Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have a model 63. Well worth the wait and the money. My son and my son-in-law both love shooting it. They’re going to fight over it when I croak. I like using it with a speed loader and loading block.
The only other .22 I own that I cherish is my S&W model 41. I’ve owned that one for 30 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
Nice gun, that will be fun to shoot. I have a new fondness for the .22`s after watching a bunch of guys have a un official league shooting competition every Sunday at the gun club. They have alot of fun and I`m looking to get in on it. Affordable ammo.

What makes it a kit gun?
I was wondering the same thing and found this online:

"The Smith & Wesson Model 63 .22/32 Kit Gun, is built on a stainless-steel J-frame and chambered in 22 Long Rifle. This lightweight revolver is small enough to be carried inside a hunter or fisherman’s kit bag, as its name suggests. The Model 63 is compact enough for comfortable carry and perfectly balanced for easy shot placement."

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I was wondering the same thing and found this online:

"The Smith & Wesson Model 63 .22/32 Kit Gun, is built on a stainless-steel J-frame and chambered in 22 Long Rifle. This lightweight revolver is small enough to be carried inside a hunter or fisherman’s kit bag, as its name suggests. The Model 63 is compact enough for comfortable carry and perfectly balanced for easy shot placement."
Good thing my mother didn't name it for them or it would have been the model 63 diddy bag gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.