Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out to the range again Sunday with my JES rebored 1893 now in 38-55. This time with jacketed loads for barrel break in and gas checked cast for after. Should have done this the first time. Went throught the tedious barrel break in and then started shooting the cast. Not all of them were like the targets below but several were.

I think part of it had to do with the Marbles Bullseye sight that arrived on Saturday. I had called Troy at Marbles to see if they had made any headway on the problem with their tang sight hitting the bolt on the 1893. They havent. But he mentioned an inexpensive temp solution until I can find a good tang sight. He steared me to the Bullseye and said if I couldn't find it at one of the online dealers to call him back and he would look around the shop for one. Of course everyone I tried was back ordered but a call to Troy and he found one. He even said he would throw it in a tumbler for awhile to soften the deep, shiny, bright blue they ususally come with so it would match my old 93 better. Couldn't be more pleased, it looks like it has been there forever and helps me to shoot much better. For 20 bucks couldnt go wrong.

Anyway I think I have the start of a beautiful relationship with my 93 and am looking foreward to tweaking the loads for even better results.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Finally off to a good start.

Hey Gunner. Yes thats right. It is an 1893 that was a badly shot out 30-30. I sent it to JES Reboring based on what I heard on this site and do not regret it. His turn around time was less than 10 days and the price is just $225.00 which includes shipping back to the customer. I think it is a great deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts