Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was headed out to shoot the new Cowboy gun the other day and someone pulled out in front of me. I had to swerve really hard to avoid a collision. The 45-70 slid all the way to the edge of the seat and dropped down on the center console pretty hard. No damage done, but I guess I got a little protective.

I don’t get the opportunity to make many of the floral designs, so my Cowboy is going to wear flowers and tassels.
DSC03248.JPG DSC03249.JPG DSC03250.JPG
I really didn't plan on making a fringed scabbard, but it just kind of happened that way.
Maybe now I can make it the six or so miles out to the property without beating it to death, although it sure seems to want to do its part in beating me to death.
Fringes.JPG
This is the only gun I've ever had that is as much fun to miss with as it is to nail the bullseye.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Very nice always loved the look of leather.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Awesome as usual Terry!
Are you getting more used to the filigree style of work? You seemed to knock this one out quicker then it sounded like the first one took.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
I think I need one of them Eagles Head ones you make for my Mossberg Trophy Hunter.
You might as well join the Eagle club, like I tell everyone they look even better in person then in the pictures!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
You might as well join the Eagle club, like I tell everyone they look even better in person then in the pictures!
Yeah I have been taking to long thinking about buying one and some other guy hint hint has beat me to the punch.
Those twins of yours look great wearing that leather CCB.,
MBW

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome as usual Terry!
Are you getting more used to the filigree style of work? You seemed to knock this one out quicker then it sounded like the first one took.
I discovered a better way to make the cutouts without having to spend so much time cleaning up frazzles, but it still took about 10 hours or so. I think it's like everything else in life...We only get better at what we practice, and I was doing another filigree project at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I have been taking to long thinking about buying one and some other guy hint hint has beat me to the punch.
MBW
Have I got a deal for you!

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
MBW
Indeed they do, once I finish restocking my 444P, I'm going to post up pics of both it and the 336D wearing their leathers together!
Big guide and little guide side by side!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Beautiful, just beautiful! :congrats:

Reactions: a9mmfan

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
Click speaks the truth on the eagle cuff, it is a site to behold, stunning is a word that comes to mind. terry you are quite a craftsman and artist. Nice job on the scabbard. fringed or not it is sure Purdy!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
a9mmfan, very awesome work, as I have come to expect from you. I hope my wife never sees the eagle buttcuff, if she does I'm in trouble, she will want one and she doesn't have a Marlin! She has always liked any kind of artwork or photos of eagles and that buttcuff would really get her attention. Seriously, if you ever consider making a square piece with an eagle on it let me know by PM and cost because I sure would like one for my wife and I could, for once surprise her. Take care, John.

Reactions: msharley
1 - 18 of 18 Posts