Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gun shop with money in my hand. I had been saving up for awhile and wanted to purchase a 1963 Marlin 336 in 30-30 caliber the gunshop had on its rack for awhile. Well, I was told it had been sold about 5 days earlier. Boy, talk about disappointment. But then the salesman reached behind some winchesters and pull out another Marlin 336. This ones serial number dates it to 1973. Overall it was in great condition. A little flaking of the varnish near the butt stock and grip area. They wanted 300.00 for it, so I talked them down 25.00 (which was still high...but I just had enough in my pocket to get it). I am now the proud owner of this little beauty. My next mission is to get some ammo and see how she shoots.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratz Hungarian. Hope that dirty-gurty puts meat on your table and a lifetime of enjoyment. Like others here have said, it is hard to stop with just one Marlin, once it makes its way into the fold :wink:

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Jeez, Hungarian, now ya went and done it. There's no turning back, no cure, no hope for you. Welcome to the fold. We may be sick, but we're friendly, helpful, and happy to share the misery. Marlinitis is the herpes of gundom! :shock:

Papajohn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts