Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to the range to shoot my two 336's. One was the 30-30 and the other was 35 rem. Both shot great. Was very surprised at the recoil, or lack of. The 30-30 rounds were Remington 150 grain soft point. The 35 rem were Georgia Arms ammo 200 grain soft point. The range was set for 25, 50 and 100 yard targets. only had time to play with the 25 and 50 yard, trying to set the sights. Had trouble with the front sights and the targets. Trouble seeing the front sight against the target, they were too dark(black). Used the Dirty Bird splater targets. Will never use that brand again, threw half the pack away as I left the the range. Had to cut the range time short, rain. Only get one day a month to go to the range and it rains. But I did get a good hour with the Marlins. They are great, infact worked a deal today for a trade for a 336C in 35 rem. has XS scout rail with 2.5 Leupold, XS ghost rings, Wild West trigger work/action work with ejector. Will have that for next months range visit. Sold on Marlins and readyy to sell my bolt actions

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. I got two M-336's sitting here and I am more than ready to go to the range. You had enought time to get a feel for them. Good luck with the both of them. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Rain. What's that. Go to range twice a month. Usually once for rifles (alternate rimfire, centerfire) next time pistols. Always thought shootin was perishable skill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts