Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried numerous times to get some 22 ammo at Walmart and finally got 3 boxes of 100 Remington Sub Sonic Hollow Point LR for $7.47. Went across the street to Academy and got the last box of 100 CCI 22 LR for $7.49.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I swing by the sporting goods counter at Wally every visit. There is a sign that reads "Sorry No .22 Shells". I don't believe they've taken that sign down in 2 years.

S'OK the man that mows for me sold me a box of 225 Rem LR HPs for $10.

I've all but quit shooting lately, a round or two once in a while at critters in my yard. At the rate I'm going I have a lifetime supply. I refuse to pay more than 5 cents per round. I'll wait it out.

·
Premium Member
15,451 Posts
congrats on finding .22 at wally world.

I have yet to see any at the walmarts in my travels, but I am seeing it limited quantities at Academy, Cabela's and online at Midway.

I appreciate hearing stories of people starting to find it, as it is an encouraging sign that, hopefully the supply is improving and the scalpers will get stuck with their product and have to sell at a loss to unload it

·
Premium Member
15,451 Posts
I have tried numerous times to get some 22 ammo at Walmart and finally got 3 boxes of 100 Remington Sub Sonic Hollow Point LR for $7.47. Went across the street to Academy and got the last box of 100 CCI 22 LR for $7.49.
:congrats:

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
Since I have to pick up my helper(s) for work almost every day at 7:15 am at a Walmart close to the interstate,it is convenient for me to go in at 7am and look for 22lr.There are weeks that I score for three or four days in a row.And then weeks can go by without any 22lr.I hate going in Walmart every morning,but it beats paying $50 for a $20 box of 555s.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Wife had to go to Walmart this afternoon to get some stuff. My Walmart no longer puts the tags or a place in the display for the .22 ammo. They must have just did this in the last few days.Guy said it was because they just do not bother to put it away anymore, as it sells so fast. I am going to ask my buddy that works the counter if that is the truth when I see him. I seen a guy on another site. I think it was Calguns, that claims his Walmart told him they are no longer going to stock .22. I think the Walmart clown that said that is full of crap. So please do not spread that rumor any further:biggrin:

They also changed the sign about limits recently. Now it says 3 box limit on everything. It used to say only limits on .22. I do understand that though as the shelves are full of .223, 9mm and everything else. I have never seen so much ammo, other than .22, fill the shelves for quite some time.

·
Registered
890 Posts
.22LR is still almost non existent up here. I do quite a bit of plinking and am down to just under 2000. That's not alot. I have only found any about 1 in 10 tries at 4 different stores. WM is getting some CCIs but I seldom get there at the right time.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I scored a box of 550 Federal at Gander Mountain in Lafayette Indiana a couple weeks ago for $24.99 a box. There were at least 20+ boxes setting on the counter and they could have been ALL MINE as they had no limit. But alas I refuse to be "that guy" and screw over my fellow shooters. I bought only what I needed and left some for others. I know...some may consider me a "dumb arse" for doing so, but that is just how I am wired.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I scored a box of 550 Federal at Gander Mountain in Lafayette Indiana a couple weeks ago for $24.99 a box. There were at least 20+ boxes setting on the counter and they could have been ALL MINE as they had no limit. But alas I refuse to be "that guy" and screw over my fellow shooters. I bought only what I needed and left some for others. I know...some may consider me a "dumb arse" for doing so, but that is just how I am wired.:biggrin:
Sometimes, looking in the mirror in the morning and respecting who you see is more important than having stuff just to have it.

Availability is up and prices are down around here. I picked up a few boxes of Federal Champion at Gander Mt for $2.49/50. Mid America sent me an email that they have Federal Automatch @ $19.98/325.
I'm pretty well set for 22, especially since I started reloading 38 spl and 357 and shooting more of them, so I'm leaving the Automatch for other customers. I got the Champions to try them out, since I've not shot them through my current .22s.

Reactions: Remy103

·
Registered
11,375 Posts
congrats on finding .22 at wally world.

I have yet to see any at the walmarts in my travels, but I am seeing it limited quantities at Academy, Cabela's and online at Midway.

I appreciate hearing stories of people starting to find it, as it is an encouraging sign that, hopefully the supply is improving and the scalpers will get stuck with their product and have to sell at a loss to unload it
HC I saw some in Brady a month ago at a GS $26.00/ 50 rds CCI, it's still there! $28-36 for 22 mag.:hmmmm:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sometimes, looking in the mirror in the morning and respecting who you see is more important than having stuff just to have it.

Availability is up and prices are down around here. I picked up a few boxes of Federal Champion at Gander Mt for $2.49/50. Mid America sent me an email that they have Federal Automatch @ $19.98/325.
I'm pretty well set for 22, especially since I started reloading 38 spl and 357 and shooting more of them, so I'm leaving the Automatch for other customers. I got the Champions to try them out, since I've not shot them through my current .22s.

One word...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I still have not seen any appreciable amounts of LR. Cabela's has had SOME, but not large amounts and even rationing them to one box per customer they only last hour or three and all are gone.

Yesterday a friend called me to clue me in to a large shipment of Rimfire at a local shop. they had Troy Landry 200 packs of Magnum and 375 packs of LR. Only a couple cases of LR and one per customer but NO LIMIT on the Maggie and they had a FULL PALLET FULL!! 5'x5'x5'!!!! I bought MY monetary limit and happily went home!!

I should have snapped a pic of that glorious pallet of ammo!!! :)

CW

·
Registered
94 Posts
I found a 1000 round box of Winchester MP-22 at Walmart this weekend at 5.6 cents per round. I have never shot it but will try it for plinking. I will split it with a friend who is almost out of ammo.

Mals

·
Super Moderator
2,345 Posts
This weeks take from local gun shops except the 3 small 50rd boxes are subsonic and that came from WalMart. Last time I got 22LR from walmart it was 100 rd packs at $9 each. LGS's are the same price. The stuff on the right is 22WMR. LGS's on those are between 11.00 and 15.00 per 50 depending on type/brand. Two of the LGS's have one or two box limits, as does walmart at 3 boxes per visit. A few other LGS's have no limits. The one I got the Thunderbolt packs from had no limits and had several cases of it when I was there. I could have bought it all but I don't really need it myself. Most of what I buy now goes to a buddy at work (a single dad with custody) who has three kids that love to shoot. The kids all play hockey too and if you have ever done that with your kids you know how much time that chews up. He's lucky to get to a gunshop once a month. I hit them once a week, sometimes more, so we have an agreement that I will get what I can and he buys it from me. Gotta keep the youngsters going!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts