Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Congratulations! It's sure a great way to cleanse the mind and focus on something good for a change. If only there were a few more hours in the day.

Reactions: Magnum6

·
Registered
910 Posts
my bench used to look like that(45 years ago) now i cant find it. you will have a ball, even more so when you start casting

Reactions: Magnum6

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Looks good, Congratulations!

Yeah I clean up my bench every time I get started, but by the time I'm done, Trashed! LOL

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
nice set up

Reactions: GH1

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This new set up is much nicer than my old one. My old bench measured 18" x 36", this new one is 24" x 48". Much more room. I need to order a few replacement parts for my tumbler, but I can reload without tumbling if I have to. I just prefer to load clean brass.
I need to order some bullets for my Arisaka, I'd really like to get that old warhorse dialed in.
GH1:)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
View attachment 107191

It's taken awhile, what with moving and all, but I'm finally ready to put some rounds together.
YAHOO!
Hey GH" Look At You Boy" Man that look's a Great Deal Better Set Up than I started out with . I started out with a buncha wore out lose Junk" that I piced up here and there at garage sales here and there man . You got your self a buncha Good equipment there to get you going Real well . That 4895 powder is one of my favorite powder too , I've used a LOT Of That Stuff man. Great Job Kentucky Brother :congrats:My hat's Off to ya sir , now get busy and give us some range reports :biggrin:.... Take care man .... Dave

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
This new set up is much nicer than my old one. My old bench measured 18" x 36", this new one is 24" x 48". Much more room. I need to order a few replacement parts for my tumbler, but I can reload without tumbling if I have to. I just prefer to load clean brass.
I need to order some bullets for my Arisaka, I'd really like to get that old warhorse dialed in.
GH1 , go here RMR Bullets and see if he has some bullet you might need . I've bought several thousand $'s worth from this guy through the years .... and mostly FREE Shipping on ever thing..... You won't find a Greater guy to deal with , Jacob Wilcox is his name ... Tell him Magnum6 sent ya :biggrin:..... Dave

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congratulations. Looks like a nice set up. Mine is almost identical. Lol

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey GH" Look At You Boy" Man that look's a Great Deal Better Set Up than I started out with . I started out with a buncha wore out lose Junk" that I piced up here and there at garage sales here and there man . You got your self a buncha Good equipment there to get you going Real well . That 4895 powder is one of my favorite powder too , I've used a LOT Of That Stuff man. Great Job Kentucky Brother :congrats:My hat's Off to ya sir , now get busy and give us some range reports :biggrin:.... Take care man .... Dave
I've not used the 4895 much, I bought it awhile back for loading jacketed rounds in my 45-70. I plan on using it for my 7.7 Jap and eventually, my Mosin.
What do you use it for?

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Nice feeling to be able to make your own ammo(especially these days). Wish I could make some 22rf.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GH1 , go here RMR Bullets and see if he has some bullet you might need . I've bought several thousand $'s worth from this guy through the years .... and mostly FREE Shipping on ever thing..... You won't find a Greater guy to deal with , Jacob Wilcox is his name ... Tell him Magnum6 sent ya :biggrin:..... Dave
He has some .312" bullets but they're 123 gr, more suitable to the 7.62x39. For the 7.7 Jap and the 7.62x54R I'm going to need at least 150 gr, maybe even heavier than that.
Thanks for the link though.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
I'm sure your gonna have a blast. I sure do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts