Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Marlin fans. Its been too long since I posted here on Marlinowners, but I got a "new" bangstick I been wanting a long time and I just can't hold it in. I picked up a REALLY nice 336 SC in 30-30. What I consider "the best" 30-30 has always been a toss-up between the A and the SC. I found this SC in really nice condition and I could not leave it on the rack. It has an H prefix serial number which puts it right about 1951 for DOM. It is not drilled, which is uncommon. I plan to put a peepsight on it and kill a few deer with it.

Hope you all are well and still kickin' 'round the woods. Hi to Big Med and Sidekick and a few others I have befriended in days gone by. God is good.

Live well

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sounds like as fine rifle, BR.

When you said "samll bore" I was thinking of a 39A. But I know what you mean - I've been shooting a 45-70 for years and have recently acquired a 30-30 myself.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Nice find we will be expecting pics and a full range report!!!!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I have tow SC's being an F and an H. They are in good condition, but I use them a lot and they are showing their wear a bit. I agree, that the SC was manufactured during Marlin's finest hour of production. Now take that thing out and shoot it!
Bestboss

1 - 7 of 7 Posts