Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, like many people its been a long long long long long long long time since i've seen any 22lr grace the shelves of any store ive visited. Same story everywhere, they sell out completely within 10 ish minutes of unloading the trucks. My poor mod 60 is feeling neglected, and its squirrel season.. So I gave in and ordered it online, 250 rounds of cci at 13 cents a round (shipping included in that figure) I remember when it was easy to get, but I'm desperate at this point. Hopefully something changes soon, and hopefully thats enough to get me through squirrel season!

Reactions: etexoldguy

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Ouch!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Man, that's disheartening. I have a Colt NF Buntline I've shot heck out of for forty years. It loves CCI MiniMag HP's. Long about 1992 or 3 I walked in a KMart in Missoula and they had MM HP's on sale for $1.99 a hundred. I bought all I could, but running low now...may have to retire the Colt for the time being, as the Ruger Single Six isn't so particular. Sigh...I bet it's only going to get worse with oblamo yakking about EO gun control regs. I better get to casting...

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
I am curious to see what the new manufacturers suggested retail price is on various popular rimfire ammo

I looked on Winchesters site and did not see it posted,

i have always shot either Winchester Super X or CCI Mini Mags as my first choice

No I shot whatever I can find without paying scalper prices

I haven't seen either of these two on the shelf in my area in 3 years

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
I am curious to see what the new manufacturers suggested retail price is on various popular rimfire ammo

I looked on Winchesters site and did not see it posted,

i have always shot either Winchester Super X or CCI Mini Mags as my first choice

No I shot whatever I can find without paying scalper prices

I haven't seen either of these two on the shelf in my area in 3 years

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll probably try to use a pellet gun more at the end of the summer since the timber is both my squirrel and deer location. Plus I'd like to use a chunk of it teaching my wife to shoot, plus my 60 needs a stretch!

The ammo was only around $3 a box of 50 still, shipping is just outrageous. It doubled the cost.

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
you gotta do what you gotta do, I sure hope you have fun and yes hopefully your wife will enjoy the effort. I usually do a lot of plinking with my 22's during my upcoming blueberry picking season but this year I am down to only about 1000 rounds so it might get a rest this year and use the xd-45 and my 336 32 special for plinking this year.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Well, like many people its been a long long long long long long long time since i've seen any 22lr grace the shelves of any store ive visited. Same story everywhere, they sell out completely within 10 ish minutes of unloading the trucks. My poor mod 60 is feeling neglected, and its squirrel season.. So I gave in and ordered it online, 250 rounds of cci at 13 cents a round (shipping included in that figure) I remember when it was easy to get, but I'm desperate at this point. Hopefully something changes soon, and hopefully thats enough to get me through squirrel season!
$0.11/rnd shipped: Fiocchi .22LR 40gr LRN 500rd Brick 22FLRN - Rimfire Ammunition - Ammunition
Text Font Book
Text Red Illustration Font Poster
Model 80 w/ 3-9X40 scope @ 50 yds.

Reactions: MJAJohnson

·
Registered
377 Posts
Still the 22LR remains the most affordable firearm for plinking and small game. If you buy other gun/hunting stuff you may be able to aggregate the ammo purchase with other items to spread out the shipping cost or even qualify for free shipping. I like midwayusa and often get discount or free shipping codes.

·
Super Moderator
13,982 Posts
When you add it up the difference in 8 cents a round and 13 cents a round for 350 rounds is not a big deal. If that is what it takes to get it where you are and you can pay for it then by all means buy it and shoot it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a challenge but I've been able to maintain an inventory of a couple thousand rounds of mostly high velocity while shooting 4-500 rds a month. I know when the trucks come at Academy and it's only a mile from work. Luck helps too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My LGS has it almost all the time now. Their limit is up from 2 to 4 boxes. You can get a lot of it for around $5 for a box of 50. Maybe the end of the madness is near.

Keefer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.