Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been looking for a bit and came upon some factory ammo for my 35 Remington. I have stuff to reload but, I like to pick up economically priced factory stuff for the brass. I guess the rotation on Remington and Winchester came due as I found 7 boxes at both LGS's I stopped by. 5 core lok's and 2 power point. I got a "deal" on the core lok's by agreeing to buy them all at $25/box. I got the Winchesters at $26/box. While I didn't have to buy them, and I am grateful to find them, "economical" and ammo appear to never be used in the same sentence again. Anyways, this isn't a rant thread for me. I just wanted to let you guys know that it appears the season for producing that caliber ammo is here for those two company's. So, be looking to get what you can, while you can, if you need it. Good luck and God Bless

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
Just check my supplies of 35 rem. Looks like I'm good for the next 15 years or so. plenty of 1x and 2x fired and five 50 count still NIB. a good supply of 200 gr. FTX. Speer 180 gr. 220 gr. FN., Win. 200 gr. PPFN. and Sierra 200 gr. pro-hunter also ranch dog mold and 125 LB WW. lead. I got all this before the ammo/components shortage. can still find useful powder and primers here and there in gun shows or gun stores.
Like I said before buy for two years every season until you have enough then buy to replace what you use. Whether its ammo or components and when you're old like me you can sell off what you realize you'll never have time to use.
T:biggrin: NY

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Keep looking billhuntz, i walked into a gun shop in Boise Idaho and bought 4 boxes of 35 and 4 boxes of 22LR, just depends on where you are. Also in another shop in Boise, got 125 pcs of 35 cal brass, never know, just keep looking. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
One thing you DO KNOW is these days if you see some and don't buy a box, some other guy will walk in and buy it ALL. Then it will just be gone again.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
I am getting low on .35 rem myself and did some poking around the other day to see what was available online. I saw that Cabela's showed it had stock on hand of the Hornady LE FTX for about $32 a box I believe it was. My rifle groups best with that, but I'm holding off a bit to see if I can do better price-wise when others eventually have some in stock, but we'll see... ha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts