Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all the posts about how good a 444 marlin is I've been on the hunt to find one. Tried a couple of times on different auction sites but never succeeded in having the highest bid. Was looking over the classifieds on Sunday and found a marlin 444 listed. Called the guy and was told it was sold - told to call back Monday and see if it was picked up. Called on Monday and the gentleman said it was still available the previous person wanted to buy it on monthly payments. Left work early for the 4 hour drive round trip (wife still doesn't know.) Seller purchased it new in 2007 never shot it, showed me the receipt for $520.00 and said he wanted to make $20. Unfortunately the seller had a 30-30 also for sale and got the boxes mixed up. Couldn't complain to much. Next task is trying to find ammo. Thanks for all the great information you guys post.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I'd congratulate you on a fine acquisition, but I do not know if you are pulling our leg, I mean without any pics and all.:flute:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Welcome to the party, sure hope we didn't mislead you. Fire it and honestly tell me you didn't smile at the awesome power in your hands!

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
Will post photos once my kid shows me how.
Boy ain't that the Truth! Congrats, best caliber Marlin ever made!

Reactions: rlm1

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome to the club!!!! Our caliber may be undergound in the respectful sense it is a great caliber that will make you grin ear to ear once you fire a couple rounds off!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Congrats on the acquisition and welcome to MO. You'll find lots of good information here. Now it's time for you to join Team .444 :tee:

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
Congratulations! Nice find! My T4 has become my favorite Marlin since acquiring it some time back. Your going to love it, if for some reason you don't, someone here would likely take it off your hands.........after to reach the obligatory 25 post that it is. Waiting for the pics!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
327 Posts
Congratulations! I've had my first 444 for several months and I still smile every time I shoot it. My 28 year old son shot it for the first time Saturday and just grinned.

Reactions: rimrock and rlm1
1 - 12 of 12 Posts