Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day after I told my wife it'd probably be months before I find the rifle I'm looking for so we'd have plenty of time to save I find this little beauty sitting on the shelf at my LGS.

Marlin 1895 STBL .45-70 (old proof stamp). It was affectionately dubbed 'The T-Rex Rifle' after my wife saw what Leverevolution ammo looked like. The red polymer tip really does look like something you'd use on T-Rex. Anybody know when they're in season?

I love it. Hopefully I'll be able to get out shooting on Friday. I already had ordered a set of XS Ghost Rings and all the components I need to load up a couple hundred rounds of ammo. This should be a fun adventure. This is the first rifle I've ever bought brand new. Suggestions on that part are welcome. I can't wait to take this thing after deer and bear. This handy rifle is going to the woods for sure.

I love old-school rifles. Walnut and Stainless.

This is its partner. The EDC Dan Wesson 1911 CBob(first gun I ever bought). I've got plenty of gun of various sorts...but these two are the favorites at the momement.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I had the chance to grab that same rifle a couple weeks ago and I let it go cause I have a 1895sbl on order. Kinda wish I grabbed it that day cause when I went back 3 days later it was gone and here I am still waiting for my sbl. :'(

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Thats a real beauty! Nice wood.. I much prefer the STBL over the SBL because I just love walnut and don't particularly care for long XS rail. If I were to scope my GG I would go with the XS "Lever Scout" rail and scout scope anyway.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Very nice, I'm holding the same gun in my avatar, albeit dressed up a bit. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.