Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G'Day All
Well I finally blooded the TK after having it in the safe for tooooo long. I put a 4x Hensoldt (Ziess made) with a no1 reticule, in a set of 30mm rings with Brownells 26mm reducers. I know some don't like scope on lever guns but we also shoot with the help of a spotlight at times. Anyway myself and my mate Toad went out in the bush for the arvo and I cracked three wallaby with the TK, all in the melon (head) to make it even better. The bullet was a NOE mold of a ranch dog design with standard lube grooves in hollow point. The other side wasn't pretty!!!!
Hunting Trophy hunting Deer hunting

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Nice shootin'!:tee:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G'Day Macoz
I've been buying them off a bloke in Germany cheap. They have a dovetail on the bottom but a few passes on the mill fixes that (no quite that easy lol). I've done a few now a lot being 4x Ziess or Hensoldt (same scope and factory) great optics and just the ticket for bush work done here in TAS.
Juddy

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Great shooting! :congrats:

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Bit of head work and he'll be brand new.:biggrin:

Good shootin' Juddy.

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Nice shootin buddy!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nice shooting! What do you hunt with spotlights in Tasmania? Around here we use spotlights for night hunting Coyotes in winter.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
G'Day All
Yes we eat them and also use them for dog tucker. They can be cooked any way that beef or lamb is but it has virtually no fat in the meat (its stored on the outside of the meat). A lot of families have been raised on it in the old days but sadly we're be coming a society of supermarket hunters now. But some supermarkets stock it in the gourmet section, when we were kids we had it because we were broke now it's rich fellas tucker lol.

We can hunt rabbits and hares with a light without a permit, with the right permits we can chase Deer, Wallaby, Brush tail Possum and Forester Kangaroo.
Juddy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.