Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mail this morning that my order would be ready for pickup, first i could barely believe it after 6 months of waiting. The first impression is very good, metal and wood are not perfect and tight but there were just 7 rifles delivered to Germany, 2 of them in my area in the past 12 month. So i decided to pick the best one available because i don´t want to wait any longer with the risk to get a similar or even worse rifle. It will be a shooter not a collector gun so there will be more signs of usage in future so no big deal at all. I will take her to the range later and deflower her with some Hornady 325gr Leverevolution rounds. Here is the first pic with her new boyfriend from Wyoming, they immediately made friends.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Looks like you are ready to start shootin stuff. Nice lookin combo!:congrats:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Glad to see the wait paid off for you, enjoy that Marlin. Take care, John.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Happy Happy Happy....... nice to get it after such a long wait. Looks great!

Doc

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Congratulations! :congrats:

I have the same gun only I shoot the heavier bear loads out of mine.
It's a sweet shooter!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Good lookin pair ya got there! :congrats:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
congratulations sturm! :congrats: sweet looking shoulder cannon! enjoy it sir. and welcome to the shoulder mounted light artillery brigade aka the 45-70!:biggrin:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had only one box of Hornady 325gr ammo, but it was hell fun to shoot ! I shot 2 inch groups from the sand bag out of the box, she is definitively a shooter and likes the expensive Hornady ammo ($48/20). After the first 5 shots i had a group of exited guys behind me that wanted to see who shoots the artillery, most of them were shooting .22lr that evening. :biggrin: I can´t await to shoot it again, but i have to do some reloading work first, unfortunately there is no time left this weekend. I´ll start with H4198, Starline brass, 320gr cast and 300gr plated bullets next week. Is it advisable to re-adjust the powder charge for the bullets or can i ignore the 20gr difference in weight and use data for 300gr bullets?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
sturm i would adjust it down a bit if it were me but it also depends on how much powder you are using as a starting load. if you are going by hodgdon 's recommendations i would personally drop it by at least 10%. i am using h335 myself and my starting loads are 30% less than what hodgdon is listing. best of luck finding your "sweet" load!
kurtis

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.