Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Been lurking here for quite a few months silently gathering info from all of you. Last weekend I finally purchased my first Marlin. I was hoping for the 1894 in .357 but I either can't find them or I'm not willing to pay the going rate. So I expanded my search to the 44 Mag version and snapped one up at a local gun show. It's a 1971 model and appears to have very little use. I'll probably be pickin' ya'lls brains about whether I should do any action upgrades or keep it pure. The only thing I have to say at the moment is "Where the heck is all the damn 44 mag ammo?!?!...no seriously."

Currently I'm in the far east side of the Seattle area, but my wife and I moved here from Dallas, Texas a couple of years ago. Looking forward to hanging out here and chatting with you all.

-RK

Oh I know you guys are big on pictures so here's what brought me here:
Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Trigger

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I like to feed marlin 44's Blackhills 240gr ammo when I can find it. They use hornady projectiles in the 44 which are a tad larger diameter than other offerings. Which play well with marlins larger than normal bore. I did try a box of the lighter stuff not long ago and it didn't shoot very well at all through mine.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! Congrats on a great Marlin and thanks for the picture -- you'll fit in well here:biggrin: John

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Ha, I had to look up Goldthwaite, TX, you're at the crossroads in the middle of nowhere, lol

Thanks Sparky, I would be happy to find any ammo. Had the day off to today and went through the LGS, Dick's Sporting Goods, Walmart and even checked my usual online places and nothing is in stock. I thought the drought was only affecting 223/556 and 22LR. I may have to learn about reloading a lot sooner than I thought.

·
Registered
14,889 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York. Your rifle looks to be in fine shape.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
Welcome from Central Ky! The 44 mag is still on my want list, so I can't help you on ammo, but I do like your picture. You done good!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Welcome from Montana, and thats a great looking SRC ya found. Congrats:congrats: Sportsmans Guide has some 180g Rem JSP for $38 and change right now if you just need something to go bang.

·
Super Moderator
16,613 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.