Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Hope this ends the arguing. I made sure the screen grab included the date and time on my computer. Click to zoom and read.

Because of an argument caused by bad info a individual got from a Marlin customer service rep, I posted a snarky message on Marlin's Facebook page. They actually replied.

Posted this in the other topic, but decided, instead of having it on page 8, let's make it the first post in a topic.

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
I been waiting to buy a Remlin, and the 338 is on my short list of calibers that I don't shoot (and still want).

45/70

Maybe it'll all come together.

Brocky

·
Registered
331 Posts
Great news ! I have been told directly From this Canadian firm that production of the New Marlin 308 is set for July 2014 My source is very good,,,,,,,, production numbers are to be 58 rifles per day for the 308 Marlin Express for 3 months of production

The numbers are August production 338 Marlin Express of 58 rifles per day for 3 months only to test the market

Since my last Rant and being fooled thinking I had a new 308 Marlin Express 2014 production last month ,I wanted answers and I got them

My order is already in for 308 mxlr and the 338 mxlr

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Bad news for those folks trying to sell outrageously priced guns on GunBroker. A 338MXLR for $1998, a 338MX for $1000, and a 338MX, without sights, for $900.
That is why I don't own one.

Reactions: galaxieman

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Bad news for those folks trying to sell outrageously priced guns on GunBroker. A 338MXLR for $1998, a 338MX for $1000, and a 338MX, without sights, for $900.
That is why I don't own one.
If you check the completed auctions on Gunbroker under the listing Marlin 338 you will see that other than the nutjob trying to get 2000.00 for his rifle EVERY other 338mx has sold for over 900.00.

I know how hard they are to find, especially a rifle without droop. When Remington gets around to building them again, they will still be Remingtons, and will probably have cosmetic and other production deficiencies that will make them less desirable anyway. I have seen numerous new production 308mx rifles already on the shelves. When they do release the 338mx again they will be priced near 700.00 anyway.

A 2008 JM stamped Marlin 338mx is bringing 900+, and will continue to do so, regardless of what Remington decides to do. Some members here will never pay that price for one, but the people that want one will.

·
Administrator
30,584 Posts
Swany ,I thought the barrel threads would not handle the chamber pressure of the 308 -338 new rounds in a older type 30-30 .

I read this anyways

thanks
Kenrose, you are correct regarding barrel threads. I'm not completely sure about the 336 not being able to handle the pressure of a 308ME but I am certain the 338ME is built using the 1895 receiver. Something I will have to research to determine on the 308ME though and I am curious.

There is another aspect to both calibers and that is accuracy. Tomray explained it in a thread awhile back that due to the 308 and 338 Express cartridges ability to reach out greater distances both needed to be reworked for accuracy which Tomray headed up and he did quite a bit to increase their accuracy. So, even if you could re-chamber a 336 for the 308ME it wouldn't have the accuracy of factory rifle. My 2007 JM 308MX easily shoots 1/2 inch MOA at 100YDS when I do my part.

Regarding the BLR 358WIN, if only they were better looking! The 358WIN is a power house though. That said, my 338MX sure packs an impressive punch. :biggrin:

Jack

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.