Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Finally Over.
I just came from what could be called a 5 Hour Irish Funeral for The Marlin Firearms Company. A bunch of us got together to drink,eat, and tell stories about the Company we all USED to work for. A lot of these stories can't be typed here, otherwise the Administrators would be editing the Posts like crazy, or just deleting them! hahaha
We've been doing these "Funerals" evertime one of the crew got their Termination with the Company since last Summer.
A good time was had by all, even under the circumstances. Our very cute waitress that took care of us all, got taken care off a$ well.
I'm one of the lucky ones that had a job waiting for him at another company. I start 7am tomorrow morning only being unemployed for 15 hours.
Most of the guys were Retired, or close to retiring, while a few are still looking for new work.
The End Of An Era Has Happened.
The Marlin Firearms Company 1870-2011 R.I.P.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Sad day :(

Thanks KON and my best to you and all the rest of the former (real) Marlin employees :)

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Sad indeed. Wishing you the best KON, and thank you and all your other co-workers for the great job you all did for many many years.

·
Registered
421 Posts
+1 with everyone else, thank you and all others of old marlin co......I regret not getting to meet any of ya in person. At least I have two 1895's that came from you guys and I am very please with them.

I like the idea of your Irish wake.....helps with the grieving procees and allows to move forward to another adventure....another journey!!!

A toast to the outstanding craftsman of the New Haven, CT shop!!!

Lonerider

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
KON said:
It's Finally Over.
I just came from what could be called a 5 Hour Irish Funeral for The Marlin Firearms Company. A bunch of us got together to drink,eat, and tell stories about the Company we all USED to work for. A lot of these stories can't be typed here, otherwise the Administrators would be editing the Posts like crazy, or just deleting them! hahaha
We've been doing these "Funerals" evertime one of the crew got their Termination with the Company since last Summer.
A good time was had by all, even under the circumstances. Our very cute waitress that took care of us all, got taken care off a$ well.
I'm one of the lucky ones that had a job waiting for him at another company. I start 7am tomorrow morning only being unemployed for 15 hours.
Most of the guys were Retired, or close to retiring, while a few are still looking for new work.
The End Of An Era Has Happened.
The Marlin Firearms Company 1870-2011 R.I.P.
Feel free to have the sane photos posted here if you like we can sticky it for just photos of Marlin we would be proud to have them for all to view.. and like I said your all family and welcome to join here and be part of our family anytime.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Ending Marlin in this way is just a damn senseless act, 140 years, wiped out by a group of rich investor snobs just because..
RIP

·
Premium Member
10,963 Posts
KON,

Say Hello and Good Luck to the guy's for me.........I hope to see you and others at a Cruise.

I won't be able to make the the Big Gala tonight at the Hard Hat...............but we'll all catch up.

GOOD LUCK in the new job!

I would imagine BushMaster is having their Irish Funeral tonight also.........I think their doors were closed yesterday.................Good Luck the the guys and gals at Bushmaster too!..........A fine bunch of people........

Tom

·
Banned
94 Posts
When I'm out hunting elk this fall with my 1895 the people of Marlin and the company will be with me. My rifles have fed me and my family for over 40 years and will continue to do so as long as I can carry one of those leverguns. The old Marlins still work and do their job. You hunt with me and thousands of others all the time
Thanks Marlin employees!!!

·
Premium Member
14,150 Posts
Thanks for the 30+ old and new that I have, and the ones that I still plan on buying. All will have the JM on the barrel.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Good luck in your new job Kon. What will you be doing? I've been out of a job now for 2 1/22 years so your are really very fortunate to go right into another one. I was in the financial industry and the housing bubble bust got me after giving it 32 years. I guess after you hit 60 they don't need your experience any longer. I wish you the best and happy for you and your family that you don't have to be out of work in this economy.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
rhendrix: hang in there, I was out of a job for 20 months to the day, and just got hired as a temp-to-perm at a bank and I'll be 67 this June ....... they are starting to hire again albeit slowly .... with all the new Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and Banking Secrecy Act regulations .... they need help to keep the examiners away

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes.
Yes, this whole deal made by Joe Gross has backfired in the worst possible way causing the disruption of 280+ lives.
I and the rest of us were hoping to Retire from Marlin someday. Not have Marlin yanked out from under us, and shown the door.
All I can say at this time is: "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.", and all 3 Remington Plants, Ilion,NY- Lever Action, Mayfield,KY- Bolt Action, Lexington,MO- Woodstocks & Forearms have ALL the WORK they could possibly ever hope to have, and then some.
I just don't see how it will all turn out for the better.
KON

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
As a relative newcomer to the Marlin family I have come to appreciate the history of the firearm and the following that Marlin enjoyed. The almighty $ makes people do strange things. Gone is another iconic manufacturer.

Thanks to all those people that make my day when I play with my toys made in New Haven.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts