Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do folks use to tighten your field points. I always have to tighten after each shot when using fingers and pliers leave a mark on the points.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sounds funny, but just drag the threaded end in your string wax and then screw it back on.
Uncle Sid
And a 1"x1" leather patch to grip the point ...... I have it tied to my quiver when shooting ....... Friend showed me both tricks ......

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Sid is absolutely correct about using the bow string wax. I tried the blue Loctite and ended up having a heck of a time cleaning the tip threads and the insert after removing the tips. Tried the wax and presto, no mess on the threads and they stay tight when screwed in. The leather patch that Sharkey suggested is frosting on the cake.

Andrew

Reactions: cowboy66

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I would have never thought of these tips, but will use them as soon as I go out to shoot again.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Great tips but do you guys really have that much trouble with them loosening up? I don't but I always clean the target block residue off each tip with my fingers while walking back to my shooting spot and kind of tighten them while rubbing off the residue.

It sounds like a leather patch might make a good arrow puller. I have a hard time pulling them out this time of year when it's cold because my hands are too dry. I just can't grip the arrows firmly enough.

·
Premium Member
15,432 Posts
Gonna' try both tricks together

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts