Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all just picked this up the other day kentucky replica in 45 cal says made in Italy bore looks in great shape was wondering if anyone here knows anything about them? was wondering if they are safe to shoot. And if the barrel can come off for cleaning any input on this would be great thanks in advance dch.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
If made in Italy it will have proff marks near the breech. Post a picture as FIE covers a lot of territory. Some have a wedge in the forearm some have pins and others are screwed in place. FIE is a lower class Italian maker.

Reactions: Drm50

·
Registered
14,621 Posts
FIE was Firearms Importer Exporter of Florida. They imported and sold Italian, and other Nations' firearms in the USA, now they're out of business. Your muzzleloader could have been made by a high quality maker, look for markings. Have a gunsmith check your rifle, it should be fine. There are date codes on Italian made guns, it's a two letter code in a square box. There's a chart online that will tell you when your rifle was made. FIE went out of business in the early 2000's, so your rifle is at least 20 years old.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I bought several FIE guns when I was in business. Mostly low end 22 pistols & revolvers. I did by a couple cap & ball revolvers and ML rifles. Most everything they had was low end. They had Franchi for awhile too. I wouldn't be afraid to shoot a FIE ML they aren't on the level of the better Italian imports of the day. I think their Kentucky was the one with two piece stock. I remember getting a C&B replica that was bad NIB. I called down to Florida FIE and after 10 minutes I finally got through to a guy that spoke broken English. After trying to get through to him what the problem was after another ten minutes he saw the light. He replied, Oh, your peestol she is broke. That was shop joke for years. Believe it or not they had good CS and good deals on unit purchases. No parts, they would replace item with no hassle.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you fellows for the wealth of in formation on this i have looked around the net and could not find nothing thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
7,945 Posts
When I was 12 in friendship, I bought a Italian .45 fullstock58, it needed work and got all the work done at Friendship. I wore out that BP rifle, flat wore it out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts