Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs. Sharptail left on Thurday evening to visit our other grandchildren up North. She left me to my own devices, which isn't always a bad thing ;)

After spending the morning paying several bills, I figured I'd get an early jump on my grouse stamp. While filling out the paper work I remembered I did'nt have a fishing license yet, so two birds were dropped with one shot.

I hit the highway with the intent of getting new scopes and peeps sighted in and shot, but that fishing license was burning a hole in my wallet. I drove past the gravel pit and on to one of my favourite Walleye holes on the Whitemouth R.

What a blast I had- someone forgot to tell the Walleye it's August.... they are acting like mid june and biting like crazy. I kept 3 nice ones- all in the 5 lb range, and kept throwing the smaller ones back. I stayed til it was too dark to see what I was doing- about 10:00 or so. Came home and cooked myself up a mess of Walleye cheeks and a single fillet, brown toast, 3 eggs, and black Colombian coffee- a repast kings can only dream about! Experiences like this make me doubly grateful for the life I have- things sure get into perspective pretty fast.

Thought I'd pass along what a fine day I had- and I get to do it all over again tommorow....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Doc--Sounds like your having a Great time--sure wish Mister & I could be there to go fishin' with you. Glad your able to get out and have some fun finally. :D

Fish are actin' a little out of season here too, also saw 3 different huge flocks of geese flyin' high and headed South, I'm afraid they know somethin' we don't and are getting outta dodge, I still think we oughta follow 'em. :wink:

Quit bein' such a stranger--we love ya's & we miss ya's.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you and Ms. Pearl :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts