Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Anna, my wife of 16 years has up and left me. Seems she prefers the company of another. This is not without precident. This is giving me lots of trouble, I'm not "getting over" her at all it seems. So in an effort to take my mind off the situation, I've been diving into different activities. One of them is this project:

http://anysoldier.com/index.cfm

I know from first hand experience just how much a letter or a package from home can mean, and trust me it means a LOT! But in these there are a lot of women in the service, and I'd like to include things they would enjoy getting also.

So I have two questions.
First, in view of the fact that this is the second time I've found my wife to be a lying cheating unfaithful bitch, how come I still love her and can't get over her? I outta have my head examined... :shock:
Second, what kind of items might you suggest a person getting a package togetherbcould include so that the females attached to these military units enjoy a care package sent to the unit also?

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Uncle as far as Military goes.. Tolietries are welcome commodity over there to them for sure.. I know , my sister just completed her second tour.... Reading Material.. Just a note saying that you fully support them in there effort means the world to them.. ..

As far as other problem.. I can't help with that one..

·
Registered
688 Posts
I simply accepted the facts and moved on. It ain't easy but it is doable.

All soldiers want and enjoy hard candy & gum, books, magazines (not THAT kind :wink: ), and a heart felt thank you. Just think about what you like here that they might not be able to get there that can get there through the mail without leaking or other damage. 5lbs of Jolly Rancher from Costco would be a very appreciated gift.

·
Registered
719 Posts
uncle.......

good web place,,,,........thanks for posting it!!!!

now for the "other" problem.......when my old dog died, i grieved alot, till dad brought me a new puppy.....not that he "replaced" my old dog, just that he filled a place in my life, and he was special too.....she may have been in better times, that special woman, but now that 'space' is empty, and you need to fill it up!
time is staring you in the face...admit it, then move on......o~and for god's sake......DO NOT compare people, ESPECIALLY females!!! :shock: they don't take to kindly to that! :wink:
time heals....but a good dose of perfume and a nice pair of legs does wonders for the mind! :p
look at salma hayek here.......maybe this will help some!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I don't know about you but it sure help me :p :p Thats one nice looking 6 shooter :lol: :lol:

Sturgis

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Sturgis,
You mean She was wearing a gun????????? I better look again just to be sure!!!

Now to get serious, Gunjunkie does have some very good advice for sending certain items for our soldiers. I am sure that they could use these type items probably best. Any type of comfort, rest and relaxation that we could offer would be appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some good advice here, I thank you all.
Selma is one solid unit ain't she? I think Kaintuck is probably on the right track here. Going to visit family in NC first part of december in preparation of moving there after New Years. Southern gal might be just the ticket. There sure ain't very many women around here!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've heard it said that all the REAL women are down south... :wink:

Now, is that a Ruger, Colt clone or a real Colt and are those REAL ivory grips? Who made the holster? :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hobie, you're in the south, but I'm not taking your word for it, I'm gonna have to check it out myself! So if you hear talk of some handsome northerner fella kicking around Stauton(Stanton?) or Crozet looking for a lady, you'll know I'm around!
Beautiful country where you live.........I used to lay over at the Shoneys in Staunton on my way to NC......

·
Registered
688 Posts
You can look all you want. My wife is from south Alabama so you can see I've got mine! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Uncle A: Don't go lookin' yet. Too soon. It' not like buying a puppy :lol: Ya don't have to buy the puppy a house if it don't work out :twisted: Be a lot cheaper to buy a nice over/under and take up Sporting Clays :p

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny you should mention that about puppies. Got me a brand new one, a nine week old beagle. Actually, I have six puppies but five are for sale. Plus I have the pups father. I had the mother too, but she went with the ex. Man I sure miss her(the dog)! :roll:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Uncle Alvah
Once you get moved down here.You will find out in the south you don't go looking for women..They out number men 4 to 1 down here.You will no longer be the hunter,they will hunt you. My wife ask me out first.. :) ..And you will find out for your self that in the south the weather is not the only thing thats hot in the south... :wink:

·
Registered
719 Posts
southern' women.....

yup, southern women.....the can cook, haul hay, fix the tractor, put on a red dress an dance too! :wink:
ahahahahaaaaa.......i tell you what, just get a bag of peanuts, go to ANY southern college campus, sit on a park bench and feed the squirrels....buy the time tha bag is empty, i GARUNTEE' ya will have a whole new out look toward getting over your ex!
and if you do this in the summertime.....bring some nitro for the ol heart!!!! :wink: :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts