Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using CCI's and they are just fine but I've not found them at a reasonable price. How about Wolf, Tula or S&B or any other brands? I've used S&B and Wolf in my pistol rounds just fine. Are there any brands to stay away from?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Id like to know about the tulas . I know where there is a boat load of them. Also reloader 7

·
Registered
143 Posts
I,ve been getting Winchester 1000 ct for 28.99 just bought 4 boxes before they start going up

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
A few years back I had a chance to buy a close out. I bought about 20,000 Winchester primers in all sizes. I can't fore-see needing primers for a long while.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Bought a bunch of Federal various sizes when about $25K. Good fro awhile. Do have CCI for the 223.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I load my .45-70 with SR4759 and found Winchester Large Rifle primers -- not the magnum large rifle primers-- give the best results.

·
Registered
970 Posts
kwesi,

I use the Tula LR Magnum Primers to load jacketed full house loads for 375 H&H, 416 Rigby & 458 WM. I have had 100% success with these primers. I haven't tried any of the other Tula primers or the S&B or Wolf primers.

BB

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
In my area we only find W-W, CCI, some Federal and Remington.
Some lever guys prefer the Federal as they have a softer cup. I started with Winchester and have not changed.

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
CCI br2 primers. Never had had one not go off

·
Registered
29 Posts
Winchester primers have always performed well for me. They provide consistent ignition from batch to batch in all calibers that I reload and have never let me down. Their large rifle primers are all I use for my 45-70 reloading.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts