Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I really like the 5D Williams sight also. I also have the FP model on my 1885 Browning High Wall.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Williams FP with Twilight aperture and brass beads of varying size depending on bbl. length. Sometimes I have shaped the brass bead to make it flat on top and sides with a slanted face to catch the light like the old Redfield Sourdough front sights from years gone by.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a FP with the aperture removed, and a front fire sight bead, very fast, easy to see with at low light. My favorite setup so far.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Williams FP. Have tried the Lyman 66-LA but was not impressed as I see no value to the sliding elevation scale.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
On my 336A .35 I have mounted a vintage Redfield 102, and I must say I love it. It's a very simple sight, but it's all steel and relatively sleek and low-profile as such things go. Took a bit of eBay prowling to find it, but I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
On my 336A .35 I have mounted a vintage Redfield 102, and I must say I love it. It's a very simple sight, but it's all steel and relatively sleek and low-profile as such things go. Took a bit of eBay prowling to find it, but I'm glad I did.

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Lyman 66. Hobie, the value of the sliding scale comes in a myriad of directions. First it's predictable for long range shooting. If you record the settings for different ranges. Second, I use the stop for my jacketed loads, and scribe my cast bullet zero on the sight with a corresponding scale bar. That's my reasons for using it. One other thing I do is take one of the aperatures (the larger one) and drill them out on my lathe to the largest size I can without destroying the strength needed for the threads. This makes a real nice intermediate aperature for open country hunting where long shots are likely to happen. When in the thickets I just remove it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts