Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Father came to visit today. I wanted to take him to the new game lands in Gates CO. NC. This is a fairly new game land that has about 20,000 acers. I was taken there last hunting season by my son. It is a wonderful place with many camping and hunting opportunities. Its only 40 minutes from my home. Dad and I started out his morning around 10.00 am. I got lost and we got home around 2 PM. We still had a great time. This is a well managed game lands with controlled burns and plenty of natural ground to boot. Most of the roads are open and well maintained. The land is hilly there which is abnormal for most of Gates CO. We had a great day and I can't wait to go camping and deer hunting there next year.

·
Banned
651 Posts
Awesome!! Nothing like spending time with dad specially out doors. Also it did not take fathers day for you to do it and for that I commend you.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
days like that are good for the soul and heart
helps bring people closer together

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Bravo :congrats::congrats:

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
yes good times with father and son. my farm is in Beaufort which is close to Gates county, might have to see if we can get together. if interested you can come help pick blueberries this summer. I usually pick and shoot which is more fun than just pickin!!! drop me a pm and I will keep you informed on coming down to the farm to help pick and shoot. I can always use pickers, the upside is getting to eat while you pick.....................the patch is 500 bushes and completely organic, fertilizer is bear turd, and plenty of chiggers and ticks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.