Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Family Jeep outing this morning. My son and a buddy in his '98 Cherokee, me and Mama in the white Wrangler. It was about 30 here this morning, but most of the snow is long gone down here in the lowlands. Still found ice covering some still water on the 4x4 route. Both Jeeps did just great, doing water crossings easily, and even with the axles a little crossed up on some ruts & rocks.

It was a great morning together, away from home. We thoroughly enjoyed. Yes, you guys have seen mule deer & coyote hunting photos from this area before.

Regards, Guy

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Looks like.an Awesome day Guy!!
Family together romping in the mud, with guns what more could you ask for?
I know there was at least 1 gun!!

Thanks for sharing Guy!
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Taking a Jeep off-road, What a novel idea! :flute:

Great pics thank you Guy.

Mark.

Reactions: LT and M700

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
First pic looks Just Like my 96 Cherokee on our Roads, in the Spring, back in Arkansas.
Yer Makin' me Homesick. Been Outa Town 4 Work 4 the last 2 Months.
Reminds me of Home & Looks & Sounds like All had a Great Time.
Thanx 4 Sharin'
UncleSarge58

Reactions: M700

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Any day with the family is a good day!!!!As always great pics Guy and some beautiful country!!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Really glad to someone else actually uses 4wd... most I see never leave the pavement.
I have an F-250 diesel and truely need the 4wd a dozen times a year on west Texas ranches and accessing New Mexico house at the end of the road, and steep unimproved hill.
Friend just bought his second truck in a year... he got tired of being unable to get to my place or his....finally convinced himself there was something to his 4wd stuff.

Reactions: M700 and LT

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Really glad to someone else actually uses 4wd... most I see never leave the pavement.
I have an F-250 diesel and truely need the 4wd a dozen times a year on west Texas ranches and accessing New Mexico house at the end of the road, and steep unimproved hill.
Friend just bought his second truck in a year... he got tired of being unable to get to my place or his....finally convinced himself there was something to his 4wd stuff.
Yeah.... a 4WD comes in handy. I wouldn't be able to access all of the hunt'n land with just a 2WD. Locking differentials and good tires are also a big plus in any 4WD as well.

·
Premium Member
12,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LT - you wouldn't believe how many dirt road miles this thing has... Starting right off after I bought it almost two years ago. What a great little off-pavement rig!

Guy

·
Registered
477 Posts
Great pics and beautiful mountains out there!Nothing like family doing things together in the good Lords great outdoors! vaslugger

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Awesome!! Well done man!

·
Registered
20,302 Posts
Looks like a great time!:tee:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts