Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This note didn't fit the 336 photo sticky, although quite a few "family" members would fit nicely.

My first firearm was a single shot youth .22...an award for selling 12 boxes of Christmas cards one hot Texas summer.
I still have that little Glenfield 100 and it still delivers the goods nicely. I'm still trying to wear it out.

The rest of the collection was born between '93 and 1956, pre-microgroove. A few later JM's have snuck in, 45-70's, '39s, '94s, newer items may be NIB...minus the boxes.

I need to do an inventory, and post some family photos before they start leaving the fold, driven by the infirmities of age.

The last one to go?

The .22. It was the hardest to come by. This little friend shares the most miles in the woods, has provided quiet companionship through life's joys and sorrows, and carries common scars of memories and campfires past.

I encourage all to establish a photo log of their Marlin "family", be it large or small, singles or multiple.
Maybe later when your memory fails, the photo will rekindle the soft aroma of pinon smoke under a desert sky.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nice. My first gun is a Glenfield mod 25 that my dad gave me 46 yrs ago as a young teen, I still have it and shoot it. Funny thing is my dad never had any rifles, and only hunted a couple times that I knew of with a buddy and his guns. Now I wish I could ask him why, he never talked about WWII with me either, always wondered.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
A sad story, pls1911. I hope that you find them homes where they will be as loved as they were with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.