Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We were contacted a few months back by a U.S. Army soldier stationed abroad. A good friend and fellow solider had been KIA during an operation in Kunduz, Afghanistan along with one other member of the company. The Tailban had the U.S. troops trapped, and these two brave soldiers gave their lives helping to save the unit. Our customer had his fallen friend’s Marlin 336 30-30 rifle and wanted to make it a tribute to both soldiers lost during the battle. In addition to all of the performance work and parts, he wanted a nostalgic WWII paint scheme that included a star and each soldier’s unit/rank # on either side of the butt stock. For the paint, my colleague Patrick spent hours hand creating the stencils and painting the metal and stocks as requested. The customer is very pleased with the final product as is his lost friend’s fiancée.

This project was a labor of love and we desperately wish that things had turned out differently that day in Kunduz. To all of our soldiers, may God bless each and every one of you. For everything that you do for us every day. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

B2B_24A1_side.jpg
B2B_24E1_side.jpg
B2B_24A1_butt stock.jpg
B2B_Forend_Teeth.jpg

Fallen Soldier's Indian Motorcycle
Indian Motorcycle.jpg

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Thanks for posting Adam, you folks rock. Enjoyed putting faces and names together, She's better lookin tho, ya know . :biggrin:

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting Adam, you folks rock. Enjoyed putting faces and names together, She's better lookin tho, ya know . :biggrin:
In addition to being better looking than me (on my best day) my wife is also whip smart, and a classic over-achiever. She's been outshining me for twenty years now, and for the same amount of time I've been wondering how I was lucky enough to snare her.

We enjoyed your visit too. Come by anytime.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
In addition to being better looking than me (on my best day) my wife is also whip smart, and a classic over-achiever. She's been outshining me for twenty years now, and for the same amount of time I've been wondering how I was lucky enough to snare her.

We enjoyed your visit too. Come by anytime.
:rofl: :rofl: thanks

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

T.S.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Sad and all too common story and great tribute! I wish more people in our country would think about and honor all the great men and women who have and are serving our country. "All gave some, some gave all !"

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Sad to read the story behind it all, but the Tribute Rifle came out nice.. :top:

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Everyone at the shop went above and beyond knowing how important this job was. The Green Berets are an impressive bunch - a true band of brothers. The story of that day and this rifle will forever be a part of us.

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Nice work sir, I like it.

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,411 Posts
OUTSTANDING! :top::top::top::top::top::top:

·
Premium Member
6,246 Posts
Absolutely awesome job on that rifle, Adam!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts