Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Fair price for Marlin 336

958 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  shawlerbrook 
#1 ·
I've been away from this forum for a while. Wow, really looks different. Anyway what would be a fair market value for a 1982 year Marlin 336? It is in very good shape and has a walnut pistol grip stock. Thanks.

#4 ·
My toy,
It really depends upon region and time of year.
A 30-30 JM stamped rifle in very good condition, will bring $400-$500 in the Midwest and western USA. Especially around gun deer season.
A .35 Remington JM stamped rifle will bring $500+ in the eastern USA and probably the same in the Midwest. I don’t think the .35 is near as popular out west, as the 30-30.
Andrew

#6 ·
Fair Market Value seems to be an oxymoron these days. A $500 rifle that sells for $800 is still only a $500 rifle. The same goes for an 8 pound jug of smokeless powder that normally sells for $230, that is now being sold for over $500. No thanks, I'll pass.

#8 ·
Yes, trying to put a fair price on anything firearms related is near impossible right now. Seeing average 35 Remington 336’s on GB selling for $600-800.

Reactions: ballistics04
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.